SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#158228 - 04/04/05 11:40 PM Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Ok try this: http://www.playwareinnovations.com/
This is a programme that plays mp3 and wav files. You can enter lyrics on the fly, it has a conductor bar telling you where you are with colour codes, you control midi devices if you have them and the list goes on. I have been looking for something like this for a long time, and someone answered my needs. The support from the programmers is tremendous, and I highly recommend Onstage Performer to anyone wanting a slick PC based set up. It is extremely user friendly as well. You build sets for the gig/job, or you wing it (random select), and no I am not a shareholder!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 04-04-2005).]

#158229 - 04/05/05 05:28 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That looks interesting. Thanks for posting. I have read the site, have not seen the 'videos.' I assume you use this live with a laptop and the laptop becomes your monitor?

#158230 - 04/05/05 06:04 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

Yes, with black background and bright colours you choose for text.
Yes this is a laptop solution. I,m gonna bring two laptops, one for back-up. On some jobs I still need the Tyros. It will be a slow transition from midi to mp3 and wav.
This truly is an amazing programme! Real easy to use!

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 04-05-2005).]

#158231 - 04/05/05 08:40 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
This looks very interesting. I can see where this could be very helpful on stage. I can also see where this pretty much makes your performance a laptop-based karaoke. I still prefer playing keyboards while singing.

#158232 - 04/05/05 08:51 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
This looks very interesting. I can see where this could be very helpful on stage. I can also see where this pretty much makes your performance a laptop-based karaoke. I still prefer playing keyboards while singing.

I agree, and I play my guitar as well as sing.
Someone once told me I played Tupperware music, and I guess in a way it's true, music in a box it is! LOL
I'm pretty thick skinned, styles or files, I don't care as long as you also play your instrument when you perform I think it's legit. And for me and anyyone that uses backing this is grand stuff!!
Regards

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#158233 - 04/05/05 09:13 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Royadreno;

I am curious as to why you want to switch from Midi to Mp3/Wav?

Regards;
BN

#158234 - 04/05/05 09:20 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

BlkNotes,
the reason is sound and backing quality. I have found many studio recorded backingtracks that are live recorded and sounds fantastic with no guitar. I can also mix and match VST instruments and sequence them and export as either wav or high quality 192kbps mp3 using BFD drums, Broomstick bass and Grand Piano, you name it. My Tyros has great sounds but certain things you just can't match the real stuff.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#158235 - 04/05/05 09:39 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
BlkNotes,
the reason is sound and backing quality. I have found many studio recorded backingtracks that are live recorded and sounds fantastic with no guitar.

Studio-recorded? Where might I find these? Most of the older mp3's I've heard are actual recordings with the vocals masked out. The newer ones are midi transfers into WAVs or mp3. With the exception of maybe using less equipment, why would I want to convert my midis to mp3? It seems like more work up front to eliminate work on the job, but work that is visual and supportive of the presentation on stage (am I making myself clear?).

#158236 - 04/05/05 10:11 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

http://www.jamtrax.com/ http://www.backingtracksforguitarists.co.uk/ http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~steveml/page2.htm
If you like The Shadows: http://members.aol.com/cutcheon/index.html
These are just a few, some are live and others professionally sequenced.
Why would you cinvert midi to mp3? Because today you can find VST sounds that are so real you can't tell it from the real thing.
Try Bass Broomstick and BFD drums for starters. There is no keyboard out there with these sounds, then again their files are Gb sized and should be good. Then when your midi files sounds are replaced with these VST sounds your midifile is a totally different product, believe me! That's the answer why I choose this. I am always stribing to get and sound better!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#158237 - 04/05/05 10:17 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

By the way, you can also use loops, live recorded instruments a bar or two at a time.
It's just like a piece of a style, and you build the song. These are great, and there are many great loops out there. For drums and bass, Drums On Demand : http://drumsondemand.com/ are real user friendly and sounds great. You see, mp3 and wave opens a well of possibilities you don't have with midi alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online