SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#191497 - 12/11/03 05:11 PM headphones,built in speakers,external speakers
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi all,i play my psr 2000 most of the time with headphones on,(my misses likes to watch telly)i don,t think the psr,s speakers sound as good ,the external speaker(peavey KB/A300)sounds good,mind you if i turn it up more than half way it cuts out,i don,t know if this is a fault or if its a safety cut out,anyway how do your speaker system compare with ,,,headphones,keyboard speakers,and external speakers,mike

#191498 - 12/11/03 09:11 PM Re: headphones,built in speakers,external speakers
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
My PSR 2000's speakers are fairly decent. I usually crank the volume knob up about 2/3 of the way. My Tyros doesn't have speakers as we're all aware of so I use my Sennheiser HD 280PRO headphones when I want quick convenient sound monitoring. When recording into my Multi-track recording software on my PC and recording Vocals at the same time I will again use my Sennheiser 280PRO's when recording and singing, ie., (doing a Vocal Cut). When recording just Music and no Vocals I will Monitor the Mix through external speakers to better ascertain (judge) the Mix and also the Mastering process. When I want to 'blow out' all the stops and fill the 'neighborhood' with Music and sound , I run my Tyros' Main Outs into my Mackie 1202 VLZ PRO Mixer which outputs to my Yamaha MSP5s perched on top of a pair of Infinity Column II Speakers, a Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer, a Boston Acoustic VR10 Center Channel Speaker routed by way of a Denon 2700 5.1 Dolby Digital Receiver and running also to a Bose 901 Series II speaker hooked in parallel to the right channel Infinity Column II speaker. I have a Midi file of the 1812 Overture and when I play it through the Tyros and my sound system, and it gets to where the cannons go off it sounds like your right in the middle of a war battlefield. And that's no where near even 1/2 volume. Were talking MAJOR decibels here! And of course when playing the Tyros' Keys myself I can achieve the same rousing volume levels. There is just NO comparison between a decent external sound system and the chinchy Tyros add-on speakers or even the best professional Headphones for that matter to listen to the Tyros amazing sounds with and songs through.

So what I'm getting at mike is get that external sound system of yours fixed, wait until the misses vacates the premises for an extended period, then turn up the volume of that external sound system and let errrr rip! Life is too short to listen to barely audible cheap tinny sounding Music!!! - (I'm not referring to you personally mike). Just be careful your ears don't become too inundated with excessive SPL's (Sound Pressure Levels), ie., (too high of volume) for any length of time. When what you're hearing starts to hurt your ears you know the volume is too loud. So scale back the volume when and if that ever happens when listening through an external sound system, Headphones, or other sound source.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online