SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129364 - 10/10/03 08:57 PM The Convention Gig.....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A couple of weeks ago I asked you all about playing a gig at a convention using amplification provided by the hotel ... the unanimous response was to use my own, which I felt I should do also... Well a few days before the gig (job) the guy from the hotel A/V dept calls .. seems the guy who booked me told him to call ... so I'm talking to the A/V guy and he tells me he can supply me with a mixer and powered speakers... he then starts asking if I need fx, reverb, etc., so I felt the guy knew what he was talking about.... after we spoke for a while he tells me he will set up a Mackie 1202 with a JBL eon 15, and if I needed more than that to let him know...
The guy set the stuff up where ever I wanted it, and it saved me a lot of work and sounded great ...
BTW.... it was a Marriott Hotel in Newport RI ... a first class operation all the way ...
t.

#129365 - 10/10/03 09:01 PM Re: The Convention Gig.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Glad it went well. Not every place has a guy like that!
DonM

#129366 - 10/10/03 09:08 PM Re: The Convention Gig.....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don...... what the heck are you doing up at this hour.... I figured I was the only one ...
t.

#129367 - 10/10/03 09:12 PM Re: The Convention Gig.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hey I got off early. Played the Officer's Club at Barksdale AFB, started at 6:00 p.m.
I'm going to put Dave's Tyro session on the web page and then try to go to sleep early!
DonM

#129368 - 10/11/03 07:07 AM Re: The Convention Gig.....
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Hey T!

Hahyadoon, Paesan? Glad to hear the gig went well!

I'm totally bumming this a.m. My Digitech konked out on me before my Euro gig last night! I've only used it once live, and finally got the hang of it. Can you believe it? Now I've got to try to find a place for repair, since there are no Digitech repair centers in our area! Ughhhh!!!

Ang

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online