SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122809 - 09/07/03 06:44 PM Roland PK-5 help
Mick4 Offline

Loc: ma
Hi. This is my first post to this forum. My name is Mick. I just bought a PK5 and midi it to my Korg X5 and it works fine in poly mode. I can get one note to play thus far. i want to have the "hold" option to work in this mode as well. Is this possible? I know this falls under the Bass mode but when i change to that mode it wont play anything. Ive checked the midi channel on the keyboard and changed it to match the default midi channel of 2. My thinking is to keep it in Bass mode to enable the hold function but be able to play string sounds. Sorry if this is a novice question. Im a guitar player trying to get some string sounds in the background in my band and I just bought this and the manual is not helping. Thanks for any advice

Mick

#122810 - 09/07/03 08:17 PM Re: Roland PK-5 help
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Can't be of much help right now 'cuz I've sold my PK5, but I'll look to see if I still have the manual. GOOD NEWS is the problems you mention are common and can be easily solved; I just can't remember how. I'll check my files and get back to ya in 24.

#122811 - 09/08/03 12:40 PM Re: Roland PK-5 help
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Mick, the bass mode is the main mode and then you need to use the MIDI program change button to access the various sounds in your synth. If I remember correctly, each of those buttons retains your choice, but the hold feature only works on the bass section. Here is the brochure for the
PK5 from Roland. http://rolandus.com/specs_brochures/PK5FX.pdf

#122812 - 09/08/03 07:27 PM Re: Roland PK-5 help
Mick4 Offline

Loc: ma
Thanks for your response. Im still not quite there but again Ive only had it for a week so I will keep fiddling with it. Thanks again

Mick

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online