SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#195040 - 07/24/03 12:40 PM KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I have sold my PSR 2000 and after considering what I would like to replace it with including SD-1, Tyros, Technics KN7000, Roland VA77, and Yamaha 9000 PRO I have decided the PRO would probably be best for my needs -
No junk wanted - cosmetically decent and fully functional minimum requirments

Jerry

#195041 - 07/24/03 01:54 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Jerry,

Do you still have the Genesys?

If so, how's that workin' out for ya?

mike

#195042 - 07/24/03 02:20 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Mainer Offline

Mike

I still have my Genesys and for the forseeable future is certainly keeper. I love the styles and many of the sounds. I am getting to a point I can tweak the organs to suit me better. Some of the organs are a disappoinment but some really have a punch. So will do some more experimenting as well as putting some sampled stuff in.

I like variety and this is strictly a hobby. Still Can't play for S**t. I learned to play on an organ and so I like a two keeyboad setup.

Jerry

#195043 - 07/24/03 02:43 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jerry,
if you're an organ fan try and check out a KN7. There's propably other reasons why you've decided to go for the pro, but the kn7 has great organ sounds.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s I also have a 9000pro & Va7 as well as the kn7.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#195044 - 07/24/03 03:04 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Mainer Offline

Rikki

Just curious how you rate your 3 keyboards against each other. You are keeping your pro for a good reason I gather. It is my understanding that the organs on the PRO are excellent. I would pobally fool around with some sampling and would absolutly add a hard drive - floppys are for the birds.

I have had a chance to listen to the KN 7000 and agree it sounds great. I feel I could probably get a pretty decent deal on a used 9000 pro.

Jerry

#195045 - 07/25/03 11:02 AM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Jerry,
You're gonna LOVE the organs on the pro. I really miss them sometimes, but that was just a studio piece and organ was not recorded as much as basic piano, bass and drums. I'm still toying with the idea .... if I spot a nice clean used one.
(You can have the first one that comes along....I'm in no hurry ! )

#195046 - 07/25/03 11:46 AM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Mainer Offline

Hey Dave

Thanks for the info, it's a funny thing when your looking and have money to buy there are none in sight. Life is a ball isn't it?

Jerry

#195047 - 07/25/03 12:05 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Uncle Dave,
You also said you love the acoustic piano on the Pro. And 76 note keyboard to boot.
Starkeeper

#195048 - 07/25/03 01:44 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's true. I've said many times, if I was in a band (no auto anything)my keyboard of choice is the 9kpro. hands down.
It feels great, sounds great, has all the staples, and room to expand.
As a soloist, I have different needs, but that kb is about as perfect as I've seen yet.

#195049 - 07/25/03 07:12 PM Re: KB Junkie WTB yamaha 9000 PRo
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jerry,
I kept all three because they're not worth a great deal on the second hand market ( here in Aust).
I had my pro well before I bought the kn7. I did try & sell it ( I was keen on getting a Tyros) , but I couldn't even get 50% of retail value so I decided I might as well hang on to it and bought a kn7 instead of the Tyros. Then in a weak moment , a friend was selling his VA7. I picked it up for 30% of retail. It was too good to miss out on.

Personally I prefer my KN7 to the other two, but I have been a kn devotee for 15 years.
I like the operating system on the KN's.
Simple to use. It's got a good sequencer with quite a few editing functions ( can get away without a software sequencer if necessary) It's on board style creation and editing facilities are easy to use( again no outside software required) It can create styles from midifiles onboard. It can also create multi pads from midifiles on board.
One of it's most amazing functions is it's sd card. Great for storage, but one of the features I like the most is that it can play audio files ( which can apparently be synced to the onboard sequencer, but I haven't tried yet)
I mainly use the the other 2 keyboards for creating audio backing tracks that can be saved to sd card ( as an mp3) plugged into the kn7. I use the sd card to play the backing as an audio file and I play the melody and left hand using the kn7 sounds.
I also plan on using Acid Pro to create audio loops that I can save & use via sd card in conjuction with the sequencer.

I like the kn7 styles & sounds, because they suit the type I music I prefer to play.
That's the most important part to me, you have to like the styles & the sounds or all the bells & whistles under the sun won't help.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mainer:
[B]Rikki

Just curious how you rate your 3 keyboards against each other. You are keeping your pro for a good reason I gather. It is my understanding that the organs on the PRO are excellent. I would pobally fool around with some sampling and would absolutly add a hard drive - floppys are for the birds.

I have had a chance to listen to the KN 7000 and agree it sounds great. I feel I could probably get a pretty decent deal on a used 9000 pro.

Jerry

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online