SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#102197 - 01/26/03 01:20 AM Vocal Processor
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
Off arranger topic here guys, but I need your help if one would recomend me the best vocal processors out there, preferably one with the "Cher effect" like the one effect she uses in her song called "believe". Or just any plain vocal processor that can do the job will do for me. Thanks alot in advance.

Aloha!
Islander

#102198 - 01/26/03 02:13 AM Re: Vocal Processor
trtjazz Offline

Islander,
There is only 1 vocal processor worth owning that even sounds close to reality.....tc electronics "voca; prism." Everything else pales in comparisson. http://www.tcelectronics.com/
or direct http://www.tc-helicon.tc/

jam on,
Terry

------------------
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 01-26-2003).]

#102199 - 01/26/03 07:23 AM Re: Vocal Processor
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You may want to check out the Digitach VR, which essentially has the same specifications as TC's Vocal Prism. I just upgraded to the VR and used it during three live performances last week. Everyone said they loved the sounds and how realistic the voice quality is. One person that was sitting in the bar and during the break came into the room where I was playing and asked where they other guys were that were singing Kokomo. Both are excellent vocal processors and relatively easy to use, however, I believe the Digitech is a bit more user friendly.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#102200 - 01/26/03 07:26 AM Re: Vocal Processor
Dnj Offline

Islander email Uncle Dave unclemusic@aol.com he has a TC's Vocal Prism for sale.....great unit!

#102201 - 01/26/03 09:17 AM Re: Vocal Processor
Clif Anderson Offline

Don't forget that TC-Helicon just introduced two new vocal harmony processors--VocalWorks and Quintet. I would assume their quality is on a par with VoicePrism.

#102202 - 01/26/03 10:17 AM Re: Vocal Processor
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
Thank you, trtjazz (Terry), Travlin'easy (Gary), Dnj, and Clif Anderson regarding my post concerning vocal processors. I will sure do check out the processors named above. Again, thank you all kindly and aloha!

Islander

#102203 - 01/26/03 01:17 PM Re: Vocal Processor
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The Digitech Vocalist VR is a "nice" unit, and I still use one on stage, but the TCVoice Prism is so far ahead of it. (feature wise) I won't go into the details here, but check the specs out ....
TC- individual gender, pitch, vol, pan for EACH voice. Terrific, multi effect unit, great EQ, phantom power ..... the "plus" sides are numerous. The only way the two compare is that they both make great sounding harmonies. The TC can do MORE with these harmonies, though.
As for friendly ..... the VR sure is easy to use, right out of the box, but it's really not on the same level as the TC.
I understand the new TC offerings are not as feature laden either. Better do some homework before writing the check. The vocalworks is more of an effect unit, I think. Don't quote me.
So....... Terry ......"You've got mail!"

#102204 - 01/26/03 01:32 PM Re: Vocal Processor
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Islander:
[B] preferably one with the "Cher effect" like the one effect she uses in her song called "believe".

That effect was done with a pitch correction processor. At the moment the name of the box isn't coming to me, something like audix. I suspect the effect to be mimicked using a vocoder.

#102205 - 01/26/03 03:00 PM Re: Vocal Processor
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Digitech had one a couple years ago that had a "Gender Bender" which worked well in that respect if you had a high pitched voice to begin with. I don't know if they're still available, but you may wish to check with George--he should know. You can email him at
:kayeland@aol.com
Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-26-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#102206 - 01/26/03 03:36 PM Re: Vocal Processor
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The "cher" thing is a Digitech "Talker".
I've heard more than enough from BOTH of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online