SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#190484 - 01/02/03 02:49 PM 9000 Pro Buttons?
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
The section of push buttons that select registrations (1-8)on my 9000 Pro have me concerned. The left end of the strip is ok being flush with the slot in the cover which allows the buttons to stand slightly above the surface of the top cover. But, going toward the right the strip of buttons get gradually lower until #5& #6 are about even with the top surface of the cover and #7 is slightly below and #8 is very much below. The strip of buttons do not seem to be lose. When I try to pull up they will not move. I'm wondering just how to view this. They seem to make proper contact and work the way they should. However, it feels a bit strange when pushing the right end buttons to hit the case cover also. Plus, something must be amiss to allow that whole end to drop down. Did some little nut or fastener drop off and is now waiting to end up somewhere that will cause further problems? What to do, What to do?
DVJ

#190485 - 01/02/03 06:27 PM Re: 9000 Pro Buttons?
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Deatonent,
Oh Woa! Upon reading your post I checked ALL of my buttons. Whew! everything seems OK. Has your indevidual buttons dropped down or has the strip which they are mounted onto dropped at one end. Either way it sounds like a screw loose or something. How are you at taking these things apart - if it was me I would be going down that road to see whats going on. Otherwise a "quick trip" to your local service man is called for. Please let us know what you decide and its outcome. Jon.

#190486 - 01/02/03 06:38 PM Re: 9000 Pro Buttons?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Last year, somebody had a similar problem with PSR2000 keybed. I think it was Uncle Dave (hammerhands), but I'm not certain.
DonM

#190487 - 01/02/03 06:55 PM Re: 9000 Pro Buttons?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Deatonent
I have also checked my pro & all is well, thank goodness.
I don't know for sure how the reg. button strip is fastened
to the board if it's screws or some other type of fastener.

I would definitely find out what is going on though before a
metal fastener shorts out something.

Please let us know what you find out.
Denny

[This message has been edited by dlstarry (edited 01-02-2003).]

#190488 - 01/02/03 11:26 PM Re: 9000 Pro Buttons?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yes, that was MY 2000 that had sinking buttons. That was the LAST straw for me with the 2k .... I sold it immediatly after the buttons dropped a little. I hate junk.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online