SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215702 - 09/23/01 04:56 PM Tilting my monitors
Beakybird Offline

I bought these demo Audix PH15-vs monitors at the local Guitar Center. Superb sound quality, but they don't seem to go that loud. I guess my local Guitar Center has been using this monitor for people to demo their keyboards over the last couple of years. I must say, however, that the price I paid for these, $300 plus tax, was kind of high, given that they're probably at least two years old, and given that I can get spanking brand new ones for 15% more.

I don't want to get posts for my monitors because I want to keep my gear to a minimum, but I thought I would like to get a tiny stand to tilt my monitors like a picture frame so that the sound goes toward the audiences ears and not toward their ankles. Has anybody heard of such a thing?

Thank you,

Larry

#215703 - 09/23/01 06:17 PM Re: Tilting my monitors
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Do you have the type of keyboard stand that you add a couple of small extensions to? You could use them to hold your speakers. I have them on mine to hold Hotspot monitors.
DonM

#215704 - 09/23/01 06:54 PM Re: Tilting my monitors
Beakybird Offline

The keyboard stand I have is made up of black metal tubes that make an X when opened. The extensions that the keyboard goes on is also tube shaped. Please tell me if there is anything that comes out that I can put speakers on.

Larry

#215705 - 09/23/01 09:52 PM Re: Tilting my monitors
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quik Lok makes a product that attatches to the end of the tubes on an "X" stand - it holds mic booms and such. If these are small speakers, it'll work for you too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online