SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#118529 - 12/04/00 12:19 AM Roland VA7, "the first voice that sings"..?
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
Have not seen or heard one. What does "the first board that sings" mean?

Can we get close or surpase Gil Olvera, the blind player that made the B3 organ sing back in the 60's?

What's a mail price in the US of a VA7?

Thanks for replying.

mbl.

[This message has been edited by mbl (edited 12-04-2000).]

#118530 - 12/04/00 02:48 AM Re: Roland VA7, "the first voice that sings"..?
Mister M Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi mbl!
I'm an italian musician, I have a Roland VA-7, I can really say that it sings!
I mean that U can record your voice on the same tune and, thanks to new Variphrase technology, you can play the tune you desire applied to your voice!! (no time stretching problems!!)
You can also create polyphonic choir simply playing in poly mode...think to the possibility to record your voice and transform it in a powerful polyphonic choir, in realtime!!
I'm so happy of my VA7...thanks Roland!!

#118531 - 12/04/00 07:30 PM Re: Roland VA7, "the first voice that sings"..?
mbl Offline

To me, "sings the song" means that it actually speaks the words. Does it actually pronounce the words? In what languages can it sing?

Thanks for replying.

mbl.

#118532 - 12/04/00 10:02 PM Re: Roland VA7, "the first voice that sings"..?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It plays back real samples in any pitch, so what ever language you record, that's what will play back. It's an honest to goodness sampler that handles pitch variation much better than yesterday's old news, like the Triton. ( couldn't resist the dig )

#118533 - 12/07/00 08:51 AM Re: Roland VA7, "the first voice that sings"..?
Mister M Offline

Loc: Italy
mbl...,
let's try and you'll believe!!
Bye...

#118534 - 12/07/00 06:05 PM Re: Roland VA7, "the first voice that sings"..?
mbl Offline

For a few years now, we have had the technology for a computer to read a text file with quite clear an articulation.

Phonetic sampling is used and it is language dependent; I've only used it with U.S.-Enlish sampling. Amazingly,if one feeds it a text file in a different language (Spanish, for instance), most parts will be understandable, but the speech will have a "foreign" (U.S.) accent.

The same technology is available for a PC to actually SING the words of a song, and it will follow the notes with fairly clear words and good entonation. Of course, several samplings exist for male, female, kids, etc., and the speed (tempo) and pitch (key) can be changed.

I believe I may have jumped the gun with my question. However, If not yet so, in the near future WE WILL HAVE Enrico Caruso or any famous singer, past, present, or inexistent, singing any contemporary song through our keyboards. It'll be just another voice.

It's sure been a long time since my first keyboard: an Alpha Syntauri hooked to an Apple II.

Thanks all for the feed-back.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online