SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213910 - 06/10/00 06:08 PM 9000/VA-7
Ralf Behrmann Offline

Loc: Frankfurt/M;Germany
> Me too,I was so upset about this late coming out of OS2 for 9000.
> But now the synthesizer(full edit) is back again and running well.We have now 8 parts not only to layer but to construct in many ways.There is a need for mixing consoles for that,too,just now.
>
> I tended to buy a VA-7(but I am an old 8000 user and producer;so I did not want to leave).
>
> How is the synthesizer-departement in VA-7 and how is the effect-section?
>
> I have not yet understood,what the variphrase makes exactely.Please explain for the left AND for the right hand playing.-Thanks in advance !
>
> This afternoon I made with the „new“ 9000 four new voices in an international standard(that‘ s what I think).I was astonished,me myself.
>
> The new user’s manual has 211 pages.
>
> If you are interested in my RAM-O-RAM disks for 8000 and 9000,please tell me.-There is a free demo-disk for 8000.
>
> Instead of paying you can make a donation to any charity(copy of receipt for us).Free listening.
>
> Best regards
>
> from Ralf Behrmann,Frankfurt/Germany
>
>
>

#213911 - 06/11/00 03:25 AM Re: 9000/VA-7
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
He Ralf!

I will try once again to explain Variphrase.
Like old keyboards: first you start sampling some words, or a sentence or whatever you like. Lets say the word: "WATER" .
On old keyboards then you could press the C for example and hear: WATER. But if you press the lowest C you would hear: WWWWWWAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEERRRRRRRR (very low sounding of the thing you sampled). If you press the highest C you hear: wtr (really high and fast pronounciation of the sampled word water). But the worst thing was if you play a chord: so the C and the D and the E you hear 3 different waters and all end sooner or later. SO it is a big chaos.
Now with variphrase, Roland managed to sample the word WATER in on tone. No matter how high or low you sing or how much you change the tone during the tape of the sample, you still hear one tone. In this way they could keep the pitch the same which means that wherever you press the keyboard, high C or low C, you will still hear the same speed, but the voice changes from high to low, just like a real singer. Further this means you can press a chord and then you hear an orchestra singing WATER, where all the samples start and end at the same moment, which means you can use these sample during playing and play a complete orchestra without having any chaos. It makes songs so much more beautiful. Imagine a REGGAE style and you play Could You be Loved with you're right hand!! You just NEED to hear this folks!

Hope I was a little bit understandable.

Ilija Petkovski

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online