SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#178928 - 05/20/00 04:51 PM G-1000 ZIP Handling; Suggestions, please,,,
Adnan Offline

Loc: Sarajevo, BiH
Maybe somebody can help me...

I am a proudly owner of the G-1000 and I have some questions about G-1000's ZIP drive.

* Is better to leave the disk in drive each time I turn off my G-1000, or to pull out and insert only when drive in use? (In this case there is a risk of losing data on disk by reception of magnetical fields when disk is out of drive.)

* If my ZIP stays in the drive all the time, can its mechanics become malfunctioning after a long time?

* When I transport my G-1000 with ZIP inside in, is it dangerous for head of the drive, which stays in access position even after the G-1000 is turned off?

Generally, my question is - to unmount drive before each turn off, or no?
Thanks in advance!

(P.S. Sorry for my english...i hope you can understand it)

#178929 - 05/20/00 08:36 PM Re: G-1000 ZIP Handling; Suggestions, please,,,
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
The manual is really not so well worded about this. However, the implication is that you should not try to insert or remove the ZIP while the keyboard is off (not that you could do it anyways).
I leave the ZIP cartridge in the drive all the time, except when I want to make a backup or add stuff to it.
I did have a problem with the ZIP not being able to read, but I don't know if it is because I keep the disk in the drive, or despite of it. It worked fine by the way with a new cartridge.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Alex

#178930 - 05/22/00 08:53 PM Re: G-1000 ZIP Handling; Suggestions, please,,,
Adnan Offline

Loc: Sarajevo, BiH
Thank you for reply.
Best regards,
Adnan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online