SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129636 - 03/22/00 03:03 PM Hard drive setup & song lists
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while (been busy playing my new PSR-9000 & I don't have a single complaint yet).

I installed a 6 Gig Toshiba 2.5" hard drive and it works fine. Fran Carango was kind enough to email me a few hundred styles and I've copied them to the hard drive but I'm not sure that I've got a good directory structure. That is, I'd like to name my directories so that I can find the right style quickly.

REQUEST #1. I'd sure appreciate a directory list from some of the more experienced people on Synthzone.

REQUEST #2. I'm planning on doing some evening or weekend performances (weddings, parties, etc.) and I need to create a song list (150 or more) that will fit any occasion. Again, I'd sure appreciate a list of songs that some of you are performing. I might not do them all -- but it would sure give me a great head start on getting my $#%% (act) together.

If anyone wants to share their ideas on naming directories or share their song list with me it would sure be a great help.

Thanks,
Stevizard
stevizard@neo.rr.com

#129637 - 03/23/00 11:01 PM Re: Hard drive setup & song lists
John Z Offline

Hey Uncle Dave,

Where are you located, anyway? I've been reading your posts all these months and I'd sure like to come out to one of your gigs some night and hear you wail on the old X1. (I'm in the San Diego area.)

John Z

#129638 - 03/24/00 08:48 AM Re: Hard drive setup & song lists
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave,
You left out both kinds of music, Country and Western!
Seriously, our lists are quite similar, as I suspected. If you need some Cajun songs to learn, let me know!
Don

#129639 - 04/08/00 09:06 PM Re: Hard drive setup & song lists
John Z Offline

(Nice to be back after several days being buried in my day gig.)

Thanks for the warm invitation, Uncle Dave. NY is my home state, so don't be surprised if I show up some night, MGD in hand.

BTW, DonM, where are you located?--maybe I'll organize a tour of X1 gigger venues.

John Z

#129640 - 04/10/00 08:53 AM Re: Hard drive setup & song lists
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Love to have you, but I'm in Louisiana. Also,I have sold the X1 and I'm awaiting the arrival of PSR9000.
Several of us plan to meet at the NAMM show in Nashville this summer.
You can find the dates on their web site. You do have to arrange for a pass from a music store or company, but it's not hard to do. I'm working on getting a place to set up a sound system so we can jam a little.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online