SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#506954 - 10/30/22 07:54 PM Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Just saw notes about these new speakers from EV: Everse 8 battery-powered speaker. They might be of interest - from various reviews, they seem to have lots of positive attributes. Not 'cheap' though. Look promising though ...

Info from EV:
https://products.electrovoice.com/na/en/everse8

Lots of reviews and video reviews exist out there, such as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3r3dwUIFN0

-Jim

#507006 - 11/03/22 08:08 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507015 - 11/07/22 11:13 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have never been a big fan of battery powered speakers. Most do not live up to the hype, none provide anything other than peak power output - not RMS, and every battery powered system I've tested did not provide the sound quality that far less expensive AC powered sound systems enjoyed.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507018 - 11/08/22 09:59 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
montunoman Offline

Hey Gary, have you tried the Bose S1 Pro? I like mine quite a bit. Great for back yard parities or other low key events.

#507019 - 11/08/22 10:52 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: montunoman]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I still love my baby battery bose speakers. They pinch way above their
size. I use 2 in stereo and they sound great.
MEL

#507020 - 11/08/22 11:41 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You have to question the need for ‘weatherized’ portable speakers if your keyboard isn’t equally weatherproofed. And battery powered..!

My experience with small systems like this, especially in outdoor settings, is that at anything higher than background music levels, they generally need to be paired with a powered sub, and there goes your battery powered weatherproof concept. Indoors, yes, they probably work as well as things like the QSC K8’s, but even there you only have a certain volume level before the ‘deep mode’ stuff starts to be non-linear.

You have to remember, outdoors you seldom get a bunch of walls, ceilings etc. to focus the sound, and drop off is much more pronounced than indoors. And the low end drops off sooner than the highs unless you place them flat on the ground, and that’s not good for getting the mids and highs to project. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t…

At $1500 or so a pair, it’s probably worth asking yourself how many gigs you do with zero access to mains power and a high probability of rain, and whether a power bank wouldn’t be a cheaper solution to power your existing gear.

#507022 - 11/09/22 07:33 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
montunoman Offline

Wow, it looks like Gary and Diki agree on something!

#507023 - 11/09/22 07:36 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: organgrinder]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By organgrinder
I still love my baby battery bose speakers. They pinch way above their
size. I use 2 in stereo and they sound great.
MEL

I get really good results with mine too. In fact I like them just as much or more than the Bose Compacts I used to have.

#507025 - 11/09/22 09:46 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have not tried the S1 Pro. I sold both my L1 Compacts and my L1 PAS systems, mainly because I can no longer play out. The ailments I've been experiencing for the past two years essentially forced me into retirement at age 78. Now I just use the onboard sound system and headphones, play about an hour a day as I try to recover my vocal ability. This has been very difficult with my lousy lung condition.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507032 - 11/10/22 09:56 AM Re: Electro-Voice Everse 8 battery powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I do like my Bose S1 (pair) also. I'm thinking about these (EV Everse 8) not for the weatherized - as that is only good if you are using Bluetooth, not for when you plug things into it. It's more the idea that it's a more 'full power' full-range system yet still on batteries. I have a pair of EV ZX1a's (powered speakers) that I may sell and replace with the Everse 8. I don't *need* battery-only at every gig, but I like the convenience of a couple less power cords to run ... and at least with the Bose, they last VERY well on batteries, even at good/substantial levels. -Jim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online