SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#505854 - 06/07/22 10:15 AM Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Greetings,

Does anyone happen to know of a style for this Maroon 5 song? The preset dance styles work well but I was hoping to find something more specific. Thank you!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#505855 - 06/07/22 10:42 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Most of the disco styles will work just fine with this song. Just select a temp of about 130 and go through the styles, particularly the lower variations. Then it's just a matter of removing the voices you don't need and save this into either a user style using style creator, or save it in a registration.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#505860 - 06/07/22 04:31 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hope this works.
I tried to ad the style you requested.
Eric

Edited by Eric, B (06/09/22 11:10 AM)

#505865 - 06/08/22 05:06 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
the the website www.d-o-o.de They have tons of styles
MEL

Edited by organgrinder (06/08/22 06:29 AM)

#505869 - 06/08/22 11:39 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Thank you gentlemen. I have a duo gig with a guitar player this weekend and he wants to do this tune. He thinks it will be impossible without a pre recorded track. We shall see...

#505890 - 06/11/22 09:53 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Paul, just a heads up. Your Synth Zone Private messages are over the limit, you may want to delete some that are no longer needed.

Anyway I sent you an email from your website.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#505906 - 06/12/22 04:12 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Eric, the style was fantastic, and the guitar player that hired me was blown away, and he was quite happy that he could solo to his heart content without worrying when the the audio track he usually uses would end.

#505907 - 06/12/22 04:13 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk
Paul, just a heads up. Your Synth Zone Private messages are over the limit, you may want to delete some that are no longer needed.

Anyway I sent you an email from your website.

Thanks Larry for the heads up- I delated a bunch of messages.

#505912 - 06/13/22 08:33 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By montunoman
Eric, the style was fantastic, and the guitar player that hired me was blown away, and he was quite happy that he could solo to his heart content without worrying when the the audio track he usually uses would end.

Glad it worked for you.
It's a great style with great groove.
I played it at an anniversary party and got the dance floor packed.
They did a dance off and I kept playing the song for about 20 min. until the dancers were worn out.
It was great to watch them having so much fun.
Eric

BTW I created a multi pad for the whistling part. Works great.

Edited by Eric, B (06/13/22 08:34 AM)

#505914 - 06/13/22 10:03 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Moves Like Jagger [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think perhaps quite a few of us have rather old fashioned ideas about how audio track backing is so rigid. Yes, in the past, you were stuck with a ‘start at the beginning, finish at the end, no deviation from the structure’ paradigm, but modern audio track players on computer laptop and tablets allow you to fly in Marker’s that allow you, in time and in sync, to jump freely around, repeat sections, skip sections, play alternate sections, etc..

And, with a Bluetooth foot pedal, do it hands free, on the fly..!

Bit by bit, slowly some of the things that made arrangers a necessity are being chipped away at. However, sometimes the awareness of the newer capabilities eludes some of our older or less technically aware players, especially guitarists! They might know the ins and outs of a pedalboard, but many still seem to think that backing tracks are still one shot karaoke tracks, rather than multitrack free expression backing, capable of changing tempo, key, feel and overall structure.

Ain’t progress grand! 🎹😎

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online