SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#504328 - 11/19/21 02:32 AM My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hello All

Today I took a bunch of music gear to Guitar Center and traded for a Bose L1 Pro 8 to use with my Genos.

As per reviews, the sound is awesome.

To me, this is the best sound I have ever gotten out of my Genos.

There is, what I believe to be, a design flaw though. The tower wobbles because it does not seat into the base unit very firmly. This has been noted by others.

But I couldn’t be happier with the sound. I had a ‘WOW’ reaction when I first heard my Genos through this unit.

#504329 - 11/19/21 06:03 AM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I’m sure it sounds great ! Is this for home or gigs, both?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504331 - 11/19/21 07:41 AM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

It will be for both….probably much of the time at home. I’ll probably use it for a few gigs. It’s big enough for small gigs and small enough to be used in the house….sort of an all purpose PA.

Bose gives the best sound from anything I’ve used. I really like the way my Genos sounds through it.

Never say never, but I’m thinking this is my last PA

#504333 - 11/19/21 10:12 AM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Were you previously monitoring the Genos with a mono system?

For me, the collapse of the sound field from the stereo I usually use to mono is a big loss. But if you’re used to mono normally, I guess it’s not an issue.

While I quite like the high end Line array stick PA’s, the cost of having to get two of them has put me off them so far.

Glad you’re blown away with yours… what were you using previously?

#504335 - 11/19/21 11:52 AM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

Diki

In answering your question about PA’s

Here’s what I’ve owned/used in the past decade or so. All functioned simultaneously as mains/monitors.

Bose

Original L1 tower with sub. Used it for a couple of years then sold it.

L1 Compacts x 2 used in stereo. Used for a couple of years then sold.

S1 Compacts x 2 in stereo (2 doesn’t make stereo but that’s for another discussion). One of the Compacts died after 3 years. I still have the other one.

L1 Pro 8…just got this. Sounds the best, to me anyway, of any PA system I’ve used. And that’s just a singe cable L/R from my Genos to a single input on the L1. I haven’t tried two cables yet.

JBL

Got the original Eon One tower. Used it for a year or so and donated it to a church when we moved from Minn to Missouri. Nice sound…very bassy and colors the sound.

Eon One Compact with battery. Got this earlier this year. Very bassy/colors the sound of my Genos. Probably better suited for guitar/mic. Mixer works best with phone app. Hard to use the mixer manually. But I’ll keep it.

HK Nano. Bought this a few years back. I just wasn’t that impressed with it and sold it after about a year.

I also had the Aspen Pittman Center Point Stereo. Great sound and I used it for small 10-15 folk gigs. Best for keyboard for me. I donated it to our church when we moved to Missouri.

Over the years I’ve also owned used: Mackie, York, Yamaha and others…more traditional systems.

😊👍

Edited by guitpic1 (11/19/21 11:58 AM)

#504336 - 11/19/21 12:20 PM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

Interesting one of the Bose S1 didn't seem to last too long...

#504338 - 11/19/21 06:42 PM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: Crossover]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
Interesting one of the Bose S1 didn't seem to last too long...

Your right. I talked to Sweetwater, where I got the PA. They had no idea who might fix it. I gave it to a friend who has a techie son in law. He’s going to see what he can do.

#504339 - 11/20/21 05:31 AM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Using two cables into a mono PA won’t make the slightest difference (assuming you get the level the same). Mono is a function of how many separate speakers the sound goes out of, not how many inputs a mono system has.

So, given that you have used stereo stick and sub systems before, you prefer mono? Can you hear a difference? Where did you place the Compacts while you performed?

#504341 - 11/20/21 11:18 AM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Congratulations, on your new system. I'm totally sold on vertical array systems. If anyone saw the Adele concert the other night you saw those arrays set out in the audience. No speaker towers or rigging to spoil the perfect concert setup.
My JBL Eon Ones are the best system I've ever owned. I'm considering moving up to the Yamaha Stagepas 1k mostly for the mixer and stereo link function. Good Luck Enjoy!

#504343 - 11/20/21 12:54 PM Re: My new Bose L1 Pro 8 PA [Re: guitpic1]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I would contact bose. They will usually go overboard to please a customer and gove you a good rate. It wouldn't hurt to try.
MEL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online