SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#501533 - 11/21/20 03:07 PM Work Parties Cancelled !!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
frown

I've worked for the same local government utility for 29 years. For the last 20 years I have brought my keyboard, speakers, and an amp to our holiday parties. It's the only time my keyboard leaves the house! This week, word was given that any party of more than 5 people are forbidden.

I suspected this would happen and fully understand the reasons why. This COVID has spidered into so many facets of our lives. These cancellations are purely emotional for me as I only play for fun. I really feel sorry for all the performers that depend on these events and get paid for them. Some things are never going to be the same............. -charley

#501537 - 11/22/20 02:11 AM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: rattley]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Charley

I feel the same, but am unaware of a 5 person limitation in Punta Gorda. I know they have the mask ordinance, but not this. I live right across the bridge and play at the Cultural Center.

Bernie

#501542 - 11/22/20 12:17 PM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: rattley]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By rattley
frown. Some things are never going to be the same............. -charley

The vaccine’s on the way. Things will return the way they were sooner than you think. 😉

#501546 - 11/22/20 01:53 PM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: rattley]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I had one booked.Big ballroom but only 50 people down from150 last year. My wife was freaking out that I was going to be inside. I was actually practicing at home singing thru. a mask. Cancelled of course. Maybe next year.

#501565 - 11/23/20 07:36 PM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: Diki]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By Diki
Originally Posted By rattley
frown. Some things are never going to be the same............. -charley

The vaccine’s on the way. Things will return the way they were sooner than you think. 😉

Who said it will?

They are trying to bring in the Great Reset - even the World Health Organization. That means there will be social medial for all, and free transport on land ( trains, buses) just like Russia, plus no one will own land or property..........great stuff.

Gone are the days of old. frown

#501568 - 11/24/20 09:38 AM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: tassiespirit]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By tassiespirit
They are trying to bring in the Great Reset - even the World Health Organization. That means there will be social medial for all, and free transport on land ( trains, buses) just like Russia, plus no one will own land or property..........great stuff.

I can only say that I've never seen any free transport in Russia and I doubt that it was free even during the communism; it's about $0.4-$0,65 for a ride now. Can't comment upon other stuff, it's new to me.

#501574 - 11/24/20 05:02 PM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: rattley]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Thanks for sitting us straight about horrible Russia Kap. Seems many of us are still living under illusions created by the anti-communist propagandists of the 50's & 60's. Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT a supporter of Communizem. I prefer freedom. However, I also prefer that we stick to the truth when describing different forms of government and there effects on the citizenry.

Edited by ekurburski (11/24/20 05:03 PM)

#501576 - 11/25/20 02:25 AM Re: Work Parties Cancelled !! [Re: rattley]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Well said, propaganda leans both ways about so many things, from history to politics.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online