SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#486379 - 01/09/20 05:25 PM OT: Best steak on planet Earth
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I had four Wagyu Kobe A5 steaks come from Snake River Farms in Idaho. They were frozen and shipped in a styrofoam container with dry ice. It took a full day to defrost them in the refrigerator, but it was well worth the wait - OMG!

The steaks came with cooking instructions, which were very precise. The only difference is that instead of butter, I used bacon grease, something that I picked up when I lived in Washington State and used bacon grease to sear elk, moose, caribou, venison and mountain goat, all of which tasted fantastic. (I'm allergic to butter.) Just a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning, seared all sides as recommended in the instruction manual, then placed in the oven at 350-degrees for about 15 minutes until the internal temperature hit 135 degrees, which was recommended for medium. OMG - the absolute best steak I have ever tasted in my 80 years on the planet Earth. Expensive - yes, but well worth it. I have two more to cook and I think I will purchase 4 steaks for each of my children. I can highly recommend Snake River Farms and their quality meats.

I served the steak with Hasselback Potatoes, topped with sour cream and chives.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/09/20 05:27 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#486380 - 01/09/20 05:45 PM Re: OT: Best steak on planet Earth [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Yummy....
We had wagu steaks for Christmas dinner.
Glad you enjoyed them..

#486384 - 01/09/20 06:55 PM Re: OT: Best steak on planet Earth [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Dang! Hamburgers again! That looks and sounds like a veritable feast! Oh for the days of the unlimited expense account!

#486387 - 01/09/20 07:46 PM Re: OT: Best steak on planet Earth [Re: Riceroni9]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WOW, Gary, sounds like a really great steak ...
Personally, I would remove it from the heat at 130 degrees, or maybe a little less, and let the temp rise just a bit as the steak sat for a few minutes ... But that's just a matter of taste ...

I checked out the web site - I understand that Wagyu beef is supposedly the best, and dry aged makes it even better ... but an 8oz rib eye for $41 - ($82 per pound) WOW surprised
Glad you enjoyed those steaks ...

BTW, as I had written on these pages a while back, I have been in a program that encourages 'plant based' eating ... I'm NEVER going to be a vegan, or even a vegetarian, but we have drastically cut back on red meat ... On Christmas at our niece's I had some prime rib roast, but over the past 2 months that's been about it ... but soon we will be going to a steakhouse and there will be a nice dry aged sirloin or rib eye on my plate and I won't care what it costs ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online