SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#478359 - 10/19/19 12:42 PM SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi guys,
Donny sent me thru this demo sx 700 , worth watching. Hope he doesn’t mind me sharing.
Happy he did ,to me it shows the sx off, pretty well. Nice bit of Jazz towards end.

Playing only.

Saw this guy demo the Yamaha p121, did a great job of that too.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/19/19 02:26 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478363 - 10/19/19 02:01 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Quote:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478365 - 10/19/19 03:27 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

This one is sx900

quote] [/quote]

Edited by rikkisbears (10/19/19 03:30 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478371 - 10/20/19 06:15 AM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks DNJ and Rikki! Great videos! Great keyboard!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#478376 - 10/20/19 11:58 AM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Thanks DNJ and Rikki! Great videos! Great keyboard!

Hi Randy, it is. Really enjoying it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478377 - 10/20/19 12:49 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I’d say that Yamaha gradually evolve each time they produce new PSR, but steps are not that huge. So, comparing this demo to PSR-3000 the difference would be pretty significant, but a similar demonstration on PSR-S950 would be rather confusing.

I commented this video on YouTube as “heavy”. Those are my feelings; he played everything properly, but there’s some tension in my mind when I’m listening to it. As I’ve been telling before, I think that demonstrators (or rather their producers) do not use the whole potential of an opportunity they have.

What I mean is that I’ve just listened to this demo again (SX700) and I have no certain recollection of what I’ve just heard. As demonstrations is a sort of commercial, some “hooks”, catching things would be natural to have. Not just proper playing. My two cents.

#478380 - 10/20/19 01:30 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: Kabinopus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Kabinopus

What I mean is that I’ve just listened to this demo again (SX700) and I have no certain recollection of what I’ve just heard. As demonstrations is a sort of commercial, some “hooks”, catching things would be natural to have. Not just proper playing. My two cents.

I agree, but might that just be the nature of 'arranger' playing, or at least a requirement of STYLE CREATION where the style has to be at least somewhat generic so as to suit many songs. The "hooks" and "catching things" to which you refer might sound great on some tunes and totally screw up others. Not to sound like an arranger snob but that's why I only play(ed) organ on gigs (occasionally Rhodes or piano). My "hooks" and "catching things" may be (and probably are) inferior to the arranger's but at least it's the result of a decision I made and not the computer or style creator.

Again, where VOCALS are the featured part of a performance, skillful use of an arranger keyboard can be totally acceptable (to all but musicians in the audience smile ), but if I'M in the audience, you can bet I'm there to see the VOCALIST. Please, no 'hate' responses, I love (well maybe LIKE) arrangers for other functions ie. song writing, testing possible approaches to (live) arrangements, developing ideas for an instrumental part in an arrangement, etc. And of course, we can all see their value for OMB's. Since the overwhelming popularity of DJ's, audiences have shown that they don't care where the music is coming from. Trust me, this whole arranger/non-arranger thing is strictly among musicians. JMO.

chas

#478382 - 10/20/19 02:40 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Must say both of these demos where very nice.

#478383 - 10/20/19 03:09 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I see that I can be unfair (not for the first time); I guess it happens like this: after some business during the day, meeting with people, some driving and shopping, me/someone comes home late in the evening, without making a proper dinner me/someone reads a forum or watches YouTube, expecting to be entertained, and somehow it doesn't compensate for not sleeping enough last night, and inevitably every piece of information (and music is one as well) easily irritates. So after keeping non-critical attitude during the day, the accumulated criticism finds its way and form and release itself "randomly" in the evening.

It can work other way as well, combining a process of evaluation with something pleasant, like tasty food, snacks and coffee, the same object is likely to be evaluated quite favorably.

I guess it's safer not to invest all (emotional) energy into one object; if we're talking about instruments, instead of looking for a perfect arranger, it's more gratifying to combine different directions, such as arrangers, workstations, digital pianos, ets. Changing activities surely can work as well.

#478385 - 10/20/19 03:54 PM Re: SX700 Sent to me by Donny, it’s a good one. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
I suppose what I should have said was was, for anyone who might be interested in the sx700/ sx 900 these are a couple of good demos.

There’s a lot of not so relevant video clips around, like unboxing’s , and foreign music that is hard to relate to, these 2 at least have music that is recognisable.

Initially we got so desperate to just get a glimpse of an sx, a few of us may have sat thru a 20 min. video clip of a guy in Asia unboxing an sx 900. Wont admit to that. Haha

FORTUNATELY, things have moved on..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online