SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454642 - 07/13/18 12:49 PM E80 Minus one function
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
In the recording section of the E80 there is a function
called minus one.This allows you to mute the melody line of a smf
and play the melody using an instrument of your choice.I find this very good for learning a new song as I did with "One moment in time"using a piano style.

Attachments
One moment in time.mp3 (34 downloads)

#454646 - 07/13/18 01:35 PM Re: E80 Minus one function [Re: Terrysutt]
Dnj Offline

Terry.......
First off thanx for sharing some of your work on one of my favorite songs,....the Roland feature you describe can certainly be a benefit in the right scenario. But if I am being honest and Timing is a
"Pet Peeve" of mine, that can't be overlooked.....that said there are places in the song where it seems a bit rushed,... sometimes a metronome can be very helpful in recordings too,....watch your timing it is very critical. These things can be corrected I wish you good luck with your music...Take care.

#454655 - 07/13/18 10:15 PM Re: E80 Minus one function [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Terry.......
But if I am being honest and Timing is a
"Pet Peeve" of mine, that can't be overlooked.....that said there are places in the song where it seems a bit rushed,... sometimes a metronome can be very helpful in recordings too,....watch your timing it is very critical. These things can be corrected I wish you good luck with your music...Take care.

I don't think Terry was auditioning for you...just trying to show you an E-80 "feature!"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online