SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#445798 - 02/02/18 12:07 PM Day two Genos
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Some of you have let me know you want me to continue my babble...er thoughts on Genos. 😋

First off, I haven’t decided yet whether or not I’ll keep it. Biggest issue for me is forking out the $$$. That said, current prices I’ve found on the Genos are close to the Korg 4X 76 Key.

Spent about four hours so far today with it...mostly with the Bose S1. I also hooked up my Yamaha DXR10 and then my SSV.3. All three PA’s sounded good to me..my master EQ was flat. My favorite is still the Bose.

Soundwise, I’ve come to believe Genos has the edge over my 4X...vocals/sounds especially and Genos styles are well done...very alive much more so than my S970 and on par with the 4X.

Build quality considering sliders, knobs and keybed...to me the 4X seems a bit better built.

I like the Genos navigation system...well thought out...would work well for live play for me.

By the way, I found those piano styles(Bernie maybe posted?) for S970 and tried them on Genos. Fun...👍👍👍👍

I’m still in the honeymoon phase with Genos but I think if I was choosing a 76 key today between 4X and Genos...I think I would choose Genos. That said, I already have the 4X...great keyboard and buying the Genos would mean a bit of a $$$ committment for me...still might do it. 🤔

If you all get tired of these reflections...just don’t respond and I’ll keep my thoughts to myself. 😊

Edited by guitpic1 (02/02/18 12:08 PM)

#445800 - 02/02/18 12:16 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

By the way, my wife listened to me play Genos/Bose S1 for a while last night.

She is my occasional gigging partner and has gigged with me using S970, Tyros4, and PA 4X.

She listened for a while and said “That’s a great sounding system”. That was quite an endorsement as usually she would say something about it like that’s nice but I like your other system as well.

Interesting.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/02/18 12:33 PM)

#445802 - 02/02/18 12:35 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Impuls Online   content

Loc: Netherlands
laugh = Like button

#445810 - 02/02/18 01:33 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Guitpic,
If you adjust the EQ a little it comes even more alive smile
There are also some fun presets to try out in the Master EQ/Comp section.
Glad you're having fun.
Eric

#445811 - 02/02/18 01:48 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Keep babbling(your words), it is very enlightening to all of us, i'm sure.

#445897 - 02/04/18 12:49 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Guitpic1. Keep the comments coming. Ahem................speaking of wives. For the most part my wife doesn’t know one arranger for the other all she knows is I keep buying them then selling others. When I brought the Genos home from Frankieve’s store and she saw me unbox it. She replied, “ I don’t get it, it looks just like the Korg you have already have.”

About an hour later after setting up a couple of registrations I played it thru the Maui LD5 and she then said, “wow this is the best sounding one yet.”

#445898 - 02/04/18 12:59 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
I agree also, please keep on telling us the goods and the bads........

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#445900 - 02/04/18 01:41 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

not much left to talk about arranger these days anyway.....unlike years ago.

#445902 - 02/04/18 02:13 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

I’m loading my Genos with my gig sets...a sign I’m getting closer to saying “I Do!”
😊

Spent about four hours on the Genos today...very enjoyable...love the 76 Keys.

More tomorrow.

#445905 - 02/04/18 04:49 PM Re: Day two Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By guitpic1
.....very enjoyable...love the 76 Keys.

Ditto! smile

Got a couple of hours exploring G this morning, and some more time this evening.
The 'step up' from T4 is not just a little, it's huge, 15 more keys + big touchscreen man! wink laugh
Seriously, not a dull moment so far.
The big problem is that I get taken away when play the reworked and new styles and sounds,
so time flies without been much into the deep of it yet.

No 'bugs' in sight so far, and the problems to download free stuff from Yam-site are solved,
except from the promissed free upgrade of packs already bought for other T / PSR models.
Support staff is quick to respond, so it will probably be sorted out as well.

But, I think there is a drawback compared to T4 when install the style/soundpack addons.
At T4 we could install one at the time without lose others as long as there was space in the expanded memory.
Now you have to install everything already done + the new addons each time you have any new pack to add.
The memory / flash is formatted to empty each time before install starts.
Expansion Manager Software is OK, but it's very time consuming when pack size grows.
Oh well, when added extras we want, I guess it's no big deal.

The OS navigation and filestrukture is different, but easy to learn and adapt as soon as you
forget to try push buttons that's not at the surface anymore. laugh

So far, so good........ I think. wink
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online