SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#438394 - 10/03/17 08:05 AM And The Genos World Moves On
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, it seems the Genos hype is over. Most specs and features have been presented to the public and youtube videos have been made available. Forums all over the world have gone nuts with posts and opinions - mostly by folks who knew nothing about the Genos. Really not much more to get excited about except waiting for that knock on the door by the delivery man. So, with all the info and videos being released how has it influenced you in your buy or to not buy decision? Specifically, regardless of your decision, what are the things that brought you to that decision - other than money? Do you think the value is there for the prices we have been told? Is the 76 key only version a turn off for you? If you gig a lot is the form factor a turn off for you? Is the static screen a turn off for you? Did you wish for the touch screen? Do you really care if you can create/edit sounds or styles? What feature is present - or missing that you really wanted?

Just wondering,
Deane

#438396 - 10/03/17 08:11 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Well, it seems the Genos hype is over. Most specs and features have been presented to the public and youtube videos have been made available. Forums all over the world have gone nuts with posts and opinions - mostly by folks who knew nothing about the Genos. Really not much more to get excited about except waiting for that knock on the door by the delivery man. So, with all the info and videos being released how has it influenced you in your buy or to not buy decision? Specifically, regardless of your decision, what are the things that brought you to that decision - other than money? Do you think the value is there for the prices we have been told? Is the 76 key only version a turn off for you? If you gig a lot is the form factor a turn off for you? Is the static screen a turn off for you? Did you wish for the touch screen? Do you really care if you can create/edit sounds or styles? What feature is present - or missing that you really wanted?

Just wondering,
Deane

Oh no Deane....buyers remorse?

Edited by Dnj (10/03/17 08:11 AM)

#438398 - 10/03/17 08:23 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have edited my response and deleted my remarks, which were probably out of context. smile

Edited by DonM (10/03/17 02:22 PM)

#438405 - 10/03/17 08:50 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
The hype is over... now it's waiting for the opportunity to touch and hear one. The price of $5499 is the Minimum Advertised Price... so, if stores want to sell it, they will sell it for less and still make a nice profit.

I have a small list of things I want to try to make it a choice for me above the Pa4X...

-Piano and Drum sound quality
-The playlist feature... to organize a show with sounds, text, and my WAV file (not MP3), self-created backing tracks.
-A sequencer with a great workflow that doesn't change the quality of sound by limiting the effects.
-How big does it look in person?!?
-29 lbs is light for a 76 note but with the somewhat odd shape, what case will work... will it transport as easy as the Pa4X?

I have 4-5 keyboards to sell to make physical room in the house. I have enough solo, duo and sound gigs to cover the rest. AND I would be able to keep the Pa4X too!

Selling... Yamaha Motif ES7 - Korg Wavestation EX - Korg O1/Wfd - CME UF6 with firewire expansion - Edirol PCR-800.

It's not the keyboard... it's what you do with it. I want awesome sounds with a easy way to sequence and create backing tracks... that would make me happy!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#438407 - 10/03/17 09:01 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
mweuch Offline

I was 100% sure I was getting it but after listening to some of the sounds, it still sounds PSR to me. I was hoping it sounds more like the Montage but now am 50/50 but I'll wait till I play it in person. If not I'll look into the Montage. Kinda disappointed Genos doesn't have any DAW connection like it does on their workstation.

#438409 - 10/03/17 09:27 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
The hype is over... now it's waiting for the opportunity to touch and hear one. The price of $5499 is the Minimum Advertised Price... so, if stores want to sell it, they will sell it for less and still make a nice profit.

I have a small list of things I want to try to make it a choice for me above the Pa4X...

-Piano and Drum sound quality
-The playlist feature... to organize a show with sounds, text, and my WAV file (not MP3), self-created backing tracks.
-A sequencer with a great workflow that doesn't change the quality of sound by limiting the effects.
-How big does it look in person?!?
-29 lbs is light for a 76 note but with the somewhat odd shape, what case will work... will it transport as easy as the Pa4X?

I have 4-5 keyboards to sell to make physical room in the house. I have enough solo, duo and sound gigs to cover the rest. AND I would be able to keep the Pa4X too!

Selling... Yamaha Motif ES7 - Korg Wavestation EX - Korg O1/Wfd - CME UF6 with firewire expansion - Edirol PCR-800.

It's not the keyboard... it's what you do with it. I want awesome sounds with a easy way to sequence and create backing tracks... that would make me happy!

shuey everything you mention can easily be done with the Korg Pa4x that you already have.... and more..

#438414 - 10/03/17 09:49 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
No Donny, no buyers remorse. Very glad to be getting the new Genos.
I like the Yamaha keyboards because I play many "special occasion" gigs like Christmas and patriotic parties and so far I have not found ANY keyboard that offers styles that work as well with these songs as do the Yamaha styles. For all my other gigs I use the Ketron SD7 and absolutely love it.

In the past I owned and gigged with PSR3000, PSR 950, T3, T4, T5 which I returned, Roland E50, E80, BK7M, Korg PA1x, PA2X Pro, PA4X,
and the Ketron SD7. So I have a pretty good idea what all these instruments have to offer and sound like in live play. I actually liked the Roland keyboard but we know how all that has worked out. I should say that I am a simple "Arranger" player - chords in left hand, melody in right hand. I don't use samples, VSTs, midi files, mp3s, or many of the other features of some keyboards. I do edit sounds and styles when available but that is about it. Voice harmonizer is not important to me either.

Anyway, I am upgrading from my T4 to the Genos and along with my SD7 and probably the SD9 Pro which I intend to buy in 2018 I should be set for years to come.

I do wonder how many "old-timers" will be turned off by the newer approach of the Genos and how it will influence sales. Time will tell.

Don, we have been buying keyboards from various sources for years and many of them will not refund a full amount on a return. I don't know why you keep harping about Ketron. I too have issues with several of the keyboards mentioned above but honestly don't see a need or purpose to bash them every chance I get.

Deane

Deane

#438415 - 10/03/17 09:53 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Yamaha addressed a couple of my concerns-drum sounds and the playlist feature. So I am impressed. However, the price is too much for me as a home player who is only thinking of going back to nursing homes. What I have will do the job, but I will be looking at the 970/770 replacement in a couple years to see what features make it from the Genos to those models.

On the Playlist, I think it is just a way to organize your registrations. In other words, you will save your transpositions etc. in the registrations and the Playlist will merely organize them by song. But this is still an improvement over the old system I think.

#438421 - 10/03/17 10:26 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Dean you going to Love this board

76 keys 28lbs black in color and by the way the sound.

anybody that says this board not good are HATERS

Enjoy your Purchase.

you gonna sound fantastic.

the upgrade on the Piano alone it worth it.

and the song writing and new styles and apgeos combind is really cool

has a very Live sound and with new DSP it gonna Shine.

#438425 - 10/03/17 10:35 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By musicforyourday
anybody that says this board not good are HATERS

haters??
No just a difference in opinion thats all....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online