SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#430369 - 04/03/17 05:23 PM It's almost spring... :)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
While Spring officially arrived March 20th, it has only been a week since the last remnants of snow finally melted here. Yesterday, the winter cover came off the boat and it is scheduled to be placed in the water in a few days - I can hardly wait. I need warm weather and tropical islands to sail to next winter.

If I can get myself in better physical condition, I fully intend to sail to the Florida Keys and Dry Tortugas in October. With luck, I will be able to spend the winter living in the land of swaying coconut palms and 75 to 80 degree temperature with relatively low humidity. I also hope to make a few cruising bucks playing music in the tiki bars and marina restaurants. I'm beginning to get my voice back to the point where I can sing, so the only thing left to fix is my back, which is shot to hell.

Tonight, I sat down at the keyboard (PSR-S950) and did a one shot recording of Harry Belefonte's Island In The Sun, which was difficult to sing when the lungs were shot a bit worse than they are tonight. Here's my rendition of Island In The Sun

If I make it to Marathon Key, which is situated about 50 miles east of Key West, this is what I will be seeing every evening.

The attire I'm decked out in is known as a "Keys Tuxedo". Formal attire in the keys for an entertainer means you have new flip flops. smile

If any of the zone members wishes to go sailing with me this summer, or winter, just let me know - you are all welcome aboard. Of course, if you decide to go during the winter, you will have to contend with sugar white sand beaches, swaying coconut palms, turquoise colored waters and those unbearable 75 to 85 degree temperatures and low humidity. Damned!

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#430390 - 04/04/17 04:46 AM Re: It's almost spring... :) [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary great pictures,.......enjoy your trip to the keys, stay safe & enjoy
......thanx for sharing.

#430424 - 04/05/17 01:27 AM Re: It's almost spring... :) [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I sat down at the keyboard (PSR-S950) and did a one shot recording of Harry Belefonte's Island In The Sun, which was difficult to sing when the lungs were shot a bit worse than they are tonight.
Gary cool

Thanks so much for the pics Gary. I just finished watching Harry Belefonte being interviewed on PBS by Charlie Rose. Harry is now 90 but he is looking good.

#430425 - 04/05/17 01:28 AM Re: It's almost spring... :) [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Gotta have something to look forward to.

smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online