SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#430145 - 03/27/17 08:22 AM When you can't return a new puchase
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA

So I purchased the Allen & Heath QU 24 Digital mixer & it was a tad bigger than I thought.

I was debating the other night if I should keep this great mixer and was wondering if it was overkill, even though it can double live & in the studio. My thoughts were just spend say $600 on a basic analog mixer and $1500 on speakers instead of $2100 for a mixer. I was trying to justify the purchase I guess

Yesterday morning I went to the Church & was blown away by the live sound but was still unsure if I should or would keep it. Just really torn, because I know I need it, but was trying to wrap my head around if I really needed it. I do have all top of the line gear, so from that standpoint it makes perfect sense.

So much going in it's favor.....The QU 24 can recall scenes & settings with the touch of a button & is a quiet machine. I enjoyed the workflow & bonded really quickly with it. Everyone who saw it on stage was in awe. It is oozing with potential. I said well maybe I will just keep it and pony up for some great speakers in a month or two....I would definitely need to upgrade the speakers if I kept the QU 24 & relegate my current Harbingers to monitor status

But was still was going back and forth with it pretty major.....

When I got home from the service my wife got a little irritated with me because she has been breaking up all my boxes from previous purchases & setting out for the recycle truck. I had a bunch kept over the last year that I ALWAYS KEEP 30-45 days depending upon return policy....She said thanks for adding more boxes & also proceeded to tell me she broke up all my new boxes and threw them in the recycling bin.

I told her I was debating sending it back & I needed the original boxes to ship back if I chose to. She said well "now you are keeping it"....

Love that woman....

#430149 - 03/27/17 12:44 PM Re: When you can't return a new puchase [Re: Steve A]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#430150 - 03/27/17 02:02 PM Re: When you can't return a new puchase [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
About a month ago, I purchased this mic for my wife. Got a fair(OK nothing great)deal on it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EW135G3-A

For the past year, she's been using a basic digital wireless shure mic with a condenser capsule.

She hasn't tried the Sennheiser yet. She thought it seemed a bit more complicated.

I've gone back and forth a hundred times about sending it back. But I think I'll bite the bullet and ride it out. I've got more faith in Sennheiser than Shure, especially when it's a basic Shure. And Sennheiser is the Mic I use.

#430178 - 03/28/17 12:52 PM Re: When you can't return a new puchase [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

Update.

I thought I had ordered from Sweetwater an EW 135 G3. What I found out I got was an EW 100 G3 B band which is a special order....also non returnable.

Not sure what to think of this transaction.

#430179 - 03/28/17 01:15 PM Re: When you can't return a new puchase [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Update.
I thought I had ordered from Sweetwater an EW 135 G3. What I found out I got was an EW 100 G3 B band which is a special order....also non returnable.

Are you talking about the EW 135 G3 wireless system you bought for your wife? .... wow, those are two completely different units ... what model shows on YOUR original order?

#430195 - 03/29/17 05:00 AM Re: When you can't return a new puchase [Re: tony mads usa]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Update.

Are you talking about the EW 135 G3 wireless system you bought for your wife? .... wow, those are two completely different units ... what model shows on YOUR original order?

EW 100 G3 w/835 HH. I placed the order over the phone for the EW 135 G3. This is what showed up on my billing.

I think the sales rep was trying to save me some $$$. I talked to another sales rep, other than the one I bought the mic from. He wasn't sure what the difference was. I also contacted Sennheiser to see if they know the difference... still waiting on a reply.

Probably no big deal but it did get me wondering. I've had good luck with Sweetwater in the past.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online