SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#428226 - 01/27/17 04:38 PM Synthzone Jam
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After talking with my loving wife, I decided to host another Synthzone Jam at the Diamond Ranch. We really enjoyed the last one, my wife said she had lots of fun meeting with everyone and there was no reason not to host another here at the ranch. smile

The tentative date is Saturday, July 15th from 12 noon till whenever you decide you've had enough.

As usual, I will provide the garden tractor and cart to haul any and all gear to the family room, which makes life a lot easier as those who attended the last jam will confirm.

The bar will be fully stocked with whatever you enjoy other than champagne. If ya want champagne, you better bring it with you.

The menu will include:

Johnsonville Brats with rolls
Johnsonville grillers with rolls
Filet mignon shishkabob with red peppers, yellow peppers, vidalia onions, and mushrooms basted with Yoshida gourmet sauce
steamed jumbo shrimp with hot sauce
grilled kielbasa with peppers and onions and gourmet sauce
All the fixins for the above, including chopped vidalia onions, sweet pickled relish, Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Mustard, fresh lettuce, sliced tomatoes, lite mayo, katsup, salt and pepper. There will also be a fresh vegetable mix with ranch dressing for dippin for those that wish to watch their diets.

For desert, it will likely be cheese cake.

Of course, there will be soda and lite beer available as well. If you just want ice water, it comes from a 550-foot deep well, it's ice cold and probably the best tasting water you will ever consume.

In order to make this work, I need firm commitments from those that will be attending via email to travlin-easy@verizon.net on or before July 1st.

For those that are coming from long distances, there is overnight lodging at reasonable prices within 25 minutes drive time from the ranch.

NOW! The only thing that could potentially put kink in the plans is my health, which I'm working very, very hard to improve. I'm beginning to turn the bend a bit, and with luck, by the time the Jam rolls around I'll be skinnier and better looking, something Carol would like me to be as well. wink Remember, I'm one of the old codgers in that video I posted.

I have a limited amount of gear here (remember, I retired). I have one Bose L1 Compact, one Barbetta Sona 32SC, two X stands, Yamaha PSR-S950, two handheld mics, one wireless mic system, and more cables than most music stores.

Bring your keyboard, amps, mixers (I no longer own a mixer), and your spouses. Hopefully, AJ will make it again as we really enjoyed his demonstrations of his latest works. Also hoping to coax Don Mason out of the swamps of Louisiana (it will be 20 degrees cooler here, Don).

OK guys and gals, the ball is now in your court. I'm headed for the exercycle and treadmill.

Almost forgot, Nigel, can you please make this a sticky so it stays on top of the first page.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#428228 - 01/28/17 02:28 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I will make it a sticky Gary for sure !!!!

#428230 - 01/28/17 05:04 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: Nigel]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That date looks doable for us, Gary ...
party singer keys

#428232 - 01/28/17 06:41 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
As things stand now Gary looks good on this end too.

#428233 - 01/28/17 07:06 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Can't promise, but I'll try to arrange things. I have a job in Oklahoma the weekend before. Don't know if I can get off two weeks in a row, but who knows by then? smile

#428234 - 01/28/17 07:14 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Although I have a gig Sun afternoon July 16th I WILL be there for sure but might have to leave early July 15th
Nancy says if Don Mason comes she will too he better get his country BUTT there too lol... party

Ps as an alternate date which would be better for me and maybe others Im off July 22 & 23rd which would be better all around and possibly a two day event...including sailing?

Edited by Dnj (01/28/17 07:22 AM)

#428236 - 01/28/17 08:17 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

If i happen to win the lottery, i will surely fly over to the Jam..

Definately sounds like a lot of fun...

Sadly someone filled up that big blue swimingpool between the US and Europe with chrystal clear water..

Edited by Bachus (01/28/17 08:18 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428237 - 01/28/17 09:06 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Sadly my health won't let us travel anymore but if I could I would
surely love to make and meet you and other Synthzone friends.
Steve, my friend from R.I. has been to your festivities and has
told me about the nice time he had. Wish you the best of health
and know you will be ready for the party come July. God Bless,
Lloyd

Edited by Korgman5 (01/28/17 09:07 AM)

#428238 - 01/28/17 09:38 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, I'll have the boat in the water by April 15th, so the pond is not a big issue, except I'm not sure if I could make the passage both ways and be home in time for the festivities. At ideal speeds, with excellent weather conditions, it would still take me at least two months to make it to your part of the world, then another two months to get back home. Then I would need another couple months to get you home again and make it back here before Christmas. I knew I shoulda bought a plane. wink

Lloyd, sad to hear you won't be able to make it, but I'll be sure to take lots of videos and post them so you can at least be here in spirit and enjoy the festivities via YouTube.

Things are shaping up nicely and I sincerely believe we will have another great Synthzone Jam. I am also hoping to see Joe Ayala's wife in attendance. Homeretta is a wonderful, brave lady and was married to the best of the best. Sure do miss my good friend, Joe.

Maybe Bill from New Jersey and his lovely wife can slide up from South Carolina, where they now live. C'mon Bill, you can take a couple days off from the weekend gigs.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#428297 - 01/30/17 09:05 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I'll be overseas...have a GREAT time!

Russ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online