SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#428455 - 02/02/17 07:13 AM in ear monitors
mellow1 Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi,
I need advice/recommendations on in-ear monitors. I don't need it so much for myself but I have a duo partner with a wireless mic and she sometimes wanders about. I've seen that most of the vocalists on tv use them and would like to know the major brands and prices and what drawbacks there are in using the in-ear monitors. Of course I would need two sets of monitors in order to keep a good balance.

As a side note, I don't usually post much on this forum, but it has been a wonderful resource for me in the past, so it's great to have the forum back up and running.

Thanks,
Skip

#428456 - 02/02/17 08:12 AM Re: in ear monitors [Re: mellow1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I bought these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wi-Digital-Audio...=item465b1893b3

I use them to send a signal to a remote speaker in a large room, or a separate room ... beets running wires!
UD

#428470 - 02/02/17 11:19 AM Re: in ear monitors [Re: mellow1]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By mellow1
Hi,
I need advice/recommendations on in-ear monitors. I don't need it so much for myself but I have a duo partner with a wireless mic and she sometimes wanders about. I've seen that most of the vocalists on tv use them and would like to know the major brands and prices and what drawbacks there are in using the in-ear monitors. Of course I would need two sets of monitors in order to keep a good balance.

As a side note, I don't usually post much on this forum, but it has been a wonderful resource for me in the past, so it's great to have the forum back up and running.

Thanks,
Skip

My wife uses a wireless mic and moves about the room. I'm also interested in answers.

#428475 - 02/02/17 01:52 PM Re: in ear monitors [Re: mellow1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are lots of wireless ear buds available, and for the most part they all work fairly well. Most cost about $200 to $400 at the online stores, but you may want to check with our friend in New England first.

Now, when I wandered through the audiences with a wireless mic and sang to the ladies to a midi file, I never needed ear buds to hear what was playing. If I would have, I would think that my sound system was not providing adequate volume levels and good dispersion in the venue. This may be your problem if your wife cannot hear the music that is playing very well in remote areas of the venue. Never had that problem since I switched to the Bose Vertical array systems. In fact, the only problem I had while singing to the ladies was them trying to grope me, which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I guess it wasn't really a problem. wink

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online