SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427246 - 10/25/16 09:06 PM Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
If you live in Canada and want to own a Tyros 5 but feel it's too expensive, now may be the time to buy.

You save $850.00 on the 61-key model, and $900.00 on the 76-key model.

Could this mean a new arranger board is imminent? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

http://ca.yamaha.com/en/news_events/promotions/yamaha_instant_savings_2016/

#427247 - 10/26/16 12:39 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
2017 is when the replacement is supposed to come out, so it’s quite possible that they are selling off old stock, (Sales of the T5 have been poor compared to previous models) however unless other markets start discounting, then it may just be a Christmas promotion. (Buying an outgoing model is a great way to get a TOTL Arranger at a knock down price, as the replacement is not usually too much different (Although rumours are that the replacement for the T5 will be a completely new model)

WARNING: Do not buy something just because it is discounted, only buy if it suits your requirements.

Hope this helps

Bill

#427251 - 10/26/16 04:47 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

"Buying an outgoing model is a great way to get a TOTL Arranger at a knock down price".

You are right! Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, we always want the newest, biggest and best!

As you can see, even with the rebates, it's still expensive here in Canada. The exchange rate is to blame for the higher price compared to the U.S. frown

Thanks for your input.

#427254 - 10/26/16 05:19 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
broker22 Offline

They had the same rebate in Nov.2015 that's when I got mine Cal.

#427256 - 10/26/16 05:30 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

I did not know about the rebate in 2015. Maybe there's a pattern with rebates regarding when they offer them. It's good to keep in mind if someone wants to buy a certain keyboard at a discount.

#427257 - 10/26/16 06:59 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Korgman5
Unregistered

I believe that the new Tyros,Genos is just around the corner and
to buy a Tyros 5 at a discount price would be great as long as
you know that there is a new model in the wind and it might be
ever so attractive. One has to consider this when buying as
a model at a discount could be a bad buy if you consider after
that the new model is really what you want. Just saying, Lloyd

#427261 - 10/26/16 03:33 PM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Lloyd, I certainly hope the Tyros 5 replacement "is just around the corner". Yamaha has been very quiet about this.

If the new TOTL arranger is considerably better, then it's worth it to wait. smile

#427264 - 10/26/16 09:31 PM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem

Lloyd, I certainly hope the Tyros 5 replacement "is just around the corner". Yamaha has been very quiet about this.

If the new TOTL arranger is considerably better, then it's worth it to wait. smile

Overhere in Europe they have not been very quiet about it..

Both demonstrators Michel Voncken as well as Peter baartmans indicated that Yamaha is raising the time between new models, 4 years or more is to be expected, giving a late 2017 or 2018 release for a tyros replacement..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#427270 - 10/27/16 06:18 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Bachus, I wonder if Voncken and Baartmans are telling the truth. Maybe, they're instructed to say that so they can get rid of the last batch of older keyboards.

Personally, I don't think they would lie, as they both seem like respectable people. If they did lie, they'd lose credibility. Maybe, Yamaha told them that it's lengthening the time between models, but in reality, it's not.

In any case, I'm still hoping new models come out soon! smile

#427271 - 10/27/16 07:43 AM Re: Interesting Rebates on Yamaha Tyros 5 [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem

Bachus, I wonder if Voncken and Baartmans are telling the truth. Maybe, they're instructed to say that so they can get rid of the last batch of older keyboards.

Personally, I don't think they would lie, as they both seem like respectable people. If they did lie, they'd lose credibility. Maybe, Yamaha told them that it's lengthening the time between models, but in reality, it's not.

In any case, I'm still hoping new models come out soon! smile

Noboddy knows if they are telling the truth, maybe its just to encourage people to buy the old model, but then they would loose their reliabillity as salespeople in the end if they kept telling lies...

So i really doubt they are lying...

Espescially when you combine their information with the new development structure at Yamaha, where they merged teams into a single team developing all instruments instead of sepperate teams for sepperate types of instrumetns arrangers/CP/CVP/workstations all had seperate teams.. now there is just one team... Which is probably the reasoning of development taking longer...

And then there is Tyros 5.. for the average Tyros 5 player, there is not much left to wish for (i consider myself not average tough)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online