SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#421515 - 05/21/16 12:25 AM Tyros5 soumds on Montage
Bachus Offline

Dozens of the new great sounds on Montage come from Tyros5... This is only a small snipset... This was confirmed by Bert Smorenberg during the Montage demo...

However with the more powerfull dsp on the Montage, and the new D/A parts, they should sound even better on the Montage...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421522 - 05/21/16 05:59 AM Re: Tyros5 soumds on Montage [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
"However with the more powerfull dsp on the Montage, and the new D/A parts, they should sound even better on the Montage..."

That's exactly what Dom Sigalas (Yamaha Product Demonstrator) told me, Bachus. He said he compared both, because he has a Motif XF, and the Montage is definitely better.

On other forums, every person who now has a Montage says the sound is amazing! It's the first keyboard that blows away every skeptic, once they try it in person. Even the mighty Tyros 5 failed to convince everyone. This says a lot about its sound quality.

Users say that in person, it sounds better than on demos. I know you've heard it in person recently. Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Mikem (05/21/16 06:31 AM)

#421523 - 05/21/16 07:33 AM Re: Tyros5 soumds on Montage [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I know two players who dumped their motif units for the NEW Montage`and love it...

hey it's "MONTAGE` FEVER" !! keys

#421542 - 05/21/16 11:57 AM Re: Tyros5 soumds on Montage [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
"However with the more powerfull dsp on the Montage, and the new D/A parts, they should sound even better on the Montage..."

That's exactly what Dom Sigalas (Yamaha Product Demonstrator) told me, Bachus. He said he compared both, because he has a Motif XF, and the Montage is definitely better.

On other forums, every person who now has a Montage says the sound is amazing! It's the first keyboard that blows away every skeptic, once they try it in person. Even the mighty Tyros 5 failed to convince everyone. This says a lot about its sound quality.

Users say that in person, it sounds better than on demos. I know you've heard it in person recently. Wouldn't you agree?

e evryone is wondering what the new D/A circuitry does... In the end i wouldnt be surprised if that cirquitry just adds a tiny little bit of distortion making the sound less clean and giving it more warm characteristics..

But then who cares what it does, if it sounds better to our ears i guess it does something good..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online