SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#411311 - 11/13/15 02:43 PM New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music !
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
This is over 25 minutes long!

Strings start at 8:58, for you orchestral instrument buffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stIr9_1HYm8

#411330 - 11/13/15 05:30 PM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Mikem]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Thankas Mikem,

The only crit I have on the video is that both keyboards needed to be recorded at the same db to be effective. I thought the T5 is still right up there in the features that they have ie, the orchestra and brass, they are special because of the orchestration features that the T5 has. However the Korg have deff improved to be on a par or better in area's of Samples, Piano's, Guitars and so on. It really comes down to a point of what you prefer as a player.

#411331 - 11/13/15 07:05 PM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Robbo]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: Robbo
Thankas Mikem,

The only crit I have on the video is that both keyboards needed to be recorded at the same db to be effective. I thought the T5 is still right up there in the features that they have ie, the orchestra and brass, they are special because of the orchestration features that the T5 has. However the Korg have deff improved to be on a par or better in area's of Samples, Piano's, Guitars and so on. It really comes down to a point of what you prefer as a player.

You're welcome, Robbo. I supposed we'll never have a perfect demo comparing two different keyboards. There are too many variables involved. That's why we should try them out in a store. I agree that it all comes down to our personal preferences. To me, they both sound good, and each has its pros and cons. smile

#411336 - 11/13/15 11:56 PM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Both sound quite different... its still best to have both a Yamaha and a Korg KEyboard, to get the best of both worlds.. (and add an integra 7 to that mix)

Kronos is also still ahead of pa4x soundwise.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#411344 - 11/14/15 06:58 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Both sound quite different... its still best to have both a Yamaha and a Korg KEyboard, to get the best of both worlds.. (and add an integra 7 to that mix)

Not only should we have the Tyros, Korg and Roland, but also the Kurzweil! smile There are a lucky few who do.

#411346 - 11/14/15 07:32 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Mikem]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have a Korg, Ketron and Yamaha, temporarily at least. smile

#411351 - 11/14/15 07:54 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Lucky you, Don! smile

#411354 - 11/14/15 09:00 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Not only should we have the Tyros, Korg and Roland, but also the Kurzweil! smile There are a lucky few who do.

I would prefer a Nord over a Kurzweil any day... Tough only if they ever start making a Kronos or a tyros desktop version....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#411359 - 11/14/15 09:47 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Bachus, the reason I mentioned Kurzweil is for its orchestral sounds. As far as I know, Nord is not known for having great orchestrals, but I could be wrong.

#411407 - 11/15/15 05:23 AM Re: New Korg Pa4X vs Tyros 5 Demo by Bonners Music ! [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: DonM
I have a Korg, Ketron and Yamaha, temporarily at least. smile

You married??

confused1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online