SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#405713 - 07/27/15 04:27 PM Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This was posted on the PSR-Tutorial forum a short time ago. It was done on a Tyros 4, and took the OP 4 weeks to create. Absolutely incredible rendition of the movie theme for Jurassic Park.

Jurassic Park

Makes me want to use my keyboard for my boat's anchor, wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#405723 - 07/27/15 11:18 PM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That is incredible . Did the person actually recreate the track themselves or did they use s pre existing midi file and reassign the voices ?

#405724 - 07/28/15 12:18 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here's what he said about it:

"The whole thing was played on the Tyros 4 with some help of a program that was designed by East and West Orchestra and Choirs. All the sounds have been played by myself and combined by me using some of the sounds from the Tyros and the program.

This whole theme took me in total 4 weeks to achieve and to get the right sounds. I have a few more that i will share with you in the very near future. At the moment the Tyros 4 has a glitch so im using the Tyros 3 until the 4 is back from being repaired."

#405725 - 07/28/15 12:45 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
spalding1968 Offline

Well it's impressive none the less but I would have preferred a more clear explanation of what he actually used to produce this track and how it was done.

I am only interested because I sequence tracks myself on board my pa1x because of its sequencer and onboard effects . This track could not have been sequenced on the tyros by itself as the song recorder is very limited in terms of being able to edit original sequences . It's easier if , the original track was a pre made midi file as all you are doing is substituting sounds for the best onboard sounds . Or in this case using east west sounds . It's not clear at all what sounds are actually from the tyros and what are from the software which does diminish the original perception I have of the track . How much is tyros actually ??

I will registers on the psr tutorial forum and ask the guy myself .

#405727 - 07/28/15 01:10 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Here are the VSTs he is on about East West my guess are that he bought one of the bundles rather than separately as it is more cost effective.

As the Tyros cannot host VST he is most likely using a computer with one of the many DAWs that are available, thus giving him editing and control beyond any Arranger, and then either using the computer to play the sequence or loading the edited file back into the Tyros.

The usual way when producing an orchestral piece like this, is to get the full orchestral score and then play each section into the sequencer before choosing which parts you wish to play yourself. (The more the merrier) It’s also possible that once they had got the backing to their liking, they converted it into an audio file.

As to the quality of sound, then I started a thread about it here

Bill

#405728 - 07/28/15 04:24 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
spalding1968 Offline

I hear you Bill. But this does not help me understand how this track was put together or what this upload was meant to demonstrate. For example which sounds were the Tyros sounds ? Which were Vst and was the Tyros not able to reproduce the sounds required by itself ? and if the track was put together using a separate daw , a combination of east and west VST and some sounds from the tyros ,then what does this track tell us about the Tyros capabilities ?

This does not detract from the very impressive sound that I am hearing but my inquisitive nature simply wants to know was this impressive sound produced by the skill of the upload and the capabilities of the Tyros ? or was the Tyros simply a playback mechanism and the real Expressive and impressive performance done offline so to speak with a few sounds from the tyros added in the mix . If the latter then it's much less impressive .

Like I said I will go directly to the source and ask .

Edited by spalding1968 (07/28/15 04:26 AM)

#405734 - 07/28/15 06:01 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
I hear you Bill. But this does not help me understand how this track was put together or what this upload was meant to demonstrate. For example which sounds were the Tyros sounds ? Which were Vst and was the Tyros not able to reproduce the sounds required by itself ? and if the track was put together using a separate daw , a combination of east and west VST and some sounds from the tyros ,then what does this track tell us about the Tyros capabilities ?

This does not detract from the very impressive sound that I am hearing but my inquisitive nature simply wants to know was this impressive sound produced by the skill of the upload and the capabilities of the Tyros ? or was the Tyros simply a playback mechanism and the real Expressive and impressive performance done offline so to speak with a few sounds from the tyros added in the mix . If the latter then it's much less impressive .

Like I said I will go directly to the source and ask .

There is no arranger keyboard on the market that gets anywhere close to the sound quality of top VSTs (That’s why they are used in film & music production), however this doesn’t make the Tyros any less of a keyboard, as what it does within its limited capabilities is still great. (Plus it’s easy to play for the less experienced)

Let us know if you get a reply from the author, as it’s always nice to know how things are done.

Bill

#405735 - 07/28/15 06:06 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Who are we to judge? ...I dont care how it was created its like ruining a magic trick......I just put on the headphones and enjoy the music... headphone

#405739 - 07/28/15 07:06 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
spalding1968 Offline

No body is judging but I don't accept making music as synonymous with magic . I can't do magic and neither does any musician I know ! But I can make music and as s musician I would like to know how this music was made . If you don't then that's cool . I do .

#405740 - 07/28/15 07:09 AM Re: Incredible rendition of Jurasssic Park... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Not everybody wants to reveal their secrets.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online