SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#378037 - 12/13/13 06:33 AM Pettry Gilles on T5
Bachus Offline

Just a detail... its the first time the Kronos isnt switched on in one of his videos. But then, its a T5 only performance.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378038 - 12/13/13 06:38 AM Re: Pettry Gilles on T5 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Aside from the cha cha being way to fast for dancing surprised .....otherwise, good T5 show.... headphone

Thanx for posting!

#378040 - 12/13/13 06:47 AM Re: Pettry Gilles on T5 [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have a few CDs with live bands playing these, and I have to say the sounds and styles used in that performance don’t even come close. (Also if that’s the ensemble voices being used I am still not impressed with them)

I think the best sounds and styles on the T5 are going to be those that make full use of the new DSP effects section.

Personally I think he would have been better off using the Kronos for the sounds leaving the T5 just for the style. (With the style using the Kronos sounds and drums)

Bill

#378044 - 12/13/13 07:41 AM Re: Pettry Gilles on T5 [Re: abacus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
One of the few a Tyros 5 demos that clearly shows the Ensemble feature being used during style play...love it.

Still waiting delivery of my Tyros 5. Great for the creative process at home/ studio (and practice) and for a single arranger to take to the gigs. Great that there are so many options in keyboards and manufacturers to fit ones needs.

Marcus

#378046 - 12/13/13 07:48 AM Re: Pettry Gilles on T5 [Re: Bachus]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Not one of his best performances.
Sounds like he got carried away and lost his focus.

#378047 - 12/13/13 07:53 AM Re: Pettry Gilles on T5 [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
I have a few CDs with live bands playing these, and I have to say the sounds and styles used in that performance don’t even come close. (Also if that’s the ensemble voices being used I am still not impressed with them)

I think the best sounds and styles on the T5 are going to be those that make full use of the new DSP effects section.

Personally I think he would have been better off using the Kronos for the sounds leaving the T5 just for the style. (With the style using the Kronos sounds and drums)

Bill

He doesnt make full use of the ensemble features yet...

He doesnt use the harmonizer and mainly plays a single note at the same time... Which makes all 4 ensemble insrruments play the same note which turns it for most of the part in nothing more but an ordinary multi sample...

Full use of the ensemble happens when you either play multiple notes at the same time, or use the harmonizer funtion to do that for you..

But if you play piano style with chord recognition, it will be awesome

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online