SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#375842 - 11/20/13 01:00 PM Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
These Bonner's Music Tyros 5 Demos feature Yamaha's young up and coming Keyboardist Ian House: keys

After hearing these fantastic demos, I can't wait for my Tyros 5 to finally arrive. cool

#375843 - 11/20/13 01:11 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: Scottyee]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yeah, those demos should bring in a lot of 20 and 30 somethings.

Scott, nice to see you back, buddy but............Seriously?

chas

#375844 - 11/20/13 01:25 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, 20 and 30 somethings don't have any money. That's why the cruise ships, Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, etc... cater to us old farts. We have the money! Think back when you were 20 to 30 years old, every dime was spent either taking care of a wife and family, making house payments, car payments, buying groceries, and once in a while, when there were a few pennies left over, you the the better half could splurge for dinner and a movie. Why would ANY leisure product manufacturer target an age group that can't afford their product in the first place - don't make any sense at all.

I remember when recreational fishing was considered a poor man's sport, something everyone could do. You could buy a good rod and reel combo for under $40, rent a skiff with an outboard motor for under $15 and spend the day catching fish for dinner. How things have changed. There are rod and reel combos that go for $500 to $1,000, and you can't climb aboard a party boat for under $50 for a half-day of fishing, plus bait costs. The last time I saw rental skiffs with an outboard, a location where when I was in my 30s, cost $12 a day plug gasoline, they had a sign up that said "Weekend Special - Boat, Motor and Gas - $200." And, I just saw a $29,000 outboard motor and that was the sale price. Whoda figured?

I, personally, loved the demos, and they accurately portrayed how incredible the Yamaha guitar sounds are in their latest arranger keyboard. They were awesome!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#375845 - 11/20/13 01:28 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
[quote=cgiles]Yeah, those demos should bring in a lot of 20 and 30 somethings.

You mean from 20s'or30' last century . laugh

Just kidding.I ordered one today too.And I am not even 40 yet.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#375850 - 11/20/13 01:56 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: Scottyee]
rosetree
Unregistered

I'm happy I didn't hear any instrument sample in all these demos which couldn't be produced in the same or, in some cases, better quality by the Roland Integra-7. The quality of the samples is mostly top-grade, but not unique. The romantic strings are still lacking some authenticity, I also know that from the MoXF/Motif ROM sounds, Roland is still better regarding the large strings.
I particularly disliked his version of the ABBA song (3rd video), but that's due to the way he plays it and the style, which sounds too standard and not ABBA-like.

#375854 - 11/20/13 02:27 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Rosetree, please post some examples so we can compare. Same songs, same right-had instruments, etc... I love listening to this stuff.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/20/13 02:27 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#375856 - 11/20/13 02:30 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: ]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I noticed that your a Roland player. You should stick to Roland and let us Yamaha people enjoy our instruments which we all think is much better than Roland. Thanks for your negative coments. Lloyd

#375857 - 11/20/13 02:42 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: Scottyee]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Hmm. Wouldn't exactly call this "rocking the house". Damn milky licker 18 year old kid? He can't really bring out the full potential of the keyboard. Still, sounds ok. Will be ordering one as soon as it's possible in Finland.

#375860 - 11/20/13 02:57 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
I noticed that your a Roland player. You should stick to Roland and let us Yamaha people enjoy our instruments which we all think is much better than Roland. Thanks for your negative coments. Lloyd

If you read all about my equipment you would see that I have owned a Yamaha MoX, now MoXF, I have two Roland instruments and also had a Korg M3XP for some time. I have no religious feelings about any manufacturer, but see pros and cons of each of them. But anyway, interesting reaction...

#375863 - 11/20/13 03:11 PM Re: Ian Rocks the 'House' with these Tyros 5 Demos [Re: ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Honestly, I had a similar reaction to chas' ... I thought the demos sounded really good, but as I was listening I was thinking "OK, they got a young guy playing, but who is the audience he is playing to?" ...
I would think most AKs are purchased by 'older' players - 40s+, who entertain people who are older than that ... the last times I was on a cruise ship, 2007 and 2009, there were some young entertainers - mostly duos - who were using an AK in their act, but they are playing to an older audience ...
I really don't think the AK manufacturers are targeting the 20 - 30 year old musician, because most of them at that age are looking to play in BANDS with other LIVE musicians ... Think about it - when we 'older' players were in our 20s and 30s, were we looking to play as a solo act??? ... I KNOW I wasn't ... and quite honestly, if I could still be playing with the same four guys I played with for 26 years, I would LOVE it, except I also realize that we probably could not compete most with the music 'studs' of today...

And as for rosetree's comments, he/she is entitled to have an opinion and voice it ...

The T5 sounds very nice and I really like many of the styles I have heard ... but is it the 'end all' and 'do all' for EVERYONE? ... I doubt it ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online