SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372870 - 10/11/13 09:53 AM Good move or not ?
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Greetings fellow SZ members

A backward step or what? mad

I have jumped ship Korg wise and bought a G-70, heaven forbid , in bed with Fran and Diki, figuratively speaking of course.

It's definitely a new experience I've had Korg equipment for a long time. The G70 was for sale on Ebay only 10 miles from so I thought I would have a change.

The people who said the Roland OS was easier than Korg were telling porkies but I'm getting there slowly with lots of help from the Roland Arranger site.

I'll let you know how I go on and post some examples of the VH etc when I get time. (So much to learn so little time)

Kind Regards

Col

#372871 - 10/11/13 10:20 AM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I have to commend you, Col, for your open-minded approach to keyboards, and your spirit of adventure.

I had a G-70 here for several weeks (babysitting one for a friend) and I found the OS pretty easy, but, I did have prior experience with Roland arrangers (worked as a demonstrator for them for a few years back in the day) so it wasn't like I was going in cold.

Diki and Fran are enthusiastic about the G-70 for good reason, as it has a lot to offer, and since you probably won't be transporting it, it's biggest drawback (weight) won't matter to you.

Certainly a well made instrument with lots of very good sounds and styles (nice Latin), and it may suit you even better than your Korg arrangers.

Good luck with it...I'm sure you'll get expert help on the Roland site.

Ian

#372872 - 10/11/13 10:26 AM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: Saswick]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If your used to a particular keyboard OS then all the competition seem much harder to use and to get your head around, however if you look on the various forums you will find that newer users into arrangers always find Korg the hardest & Yamaha the easiest to learn. (The others fall in-between)

The reason for this I suspect is that on the whole the Yamaha has few feature and editing capabilities compared to the Korg, which has a massive amount and thus causes confusion to new users. (Even easy mode is more comprehensive than a lot of Yamaha Arrangers)

Bill

#372873 - 10/11/13 11:05 AM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
A pretty fair assessment, I'd say.

#372878 - 10/11/13 12:25 PM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: abacus
If your used to a particular keyboard OS then all the competition seem much harder to use and to get your head around, however if you look on the various forums you will find that newer users into arrangers always find Korg the hardest & Yamaha the easiest to learn. (The others fall in-between)
Bill

True, Bill...you know the old saying, "There is a wrench to fit every nut." wink

Ian

#373136 - 10/17/13 02:34 PM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: ianmcnll]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Thank you for the kind thought's everyone, after a week all is going well. I must say I am quite impressed, in particular with the action and even the Harmoniser sounds pretty good, after I got to grips with the settings.

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (10/17/13 02:35 PM)

#373138 - 10/17/13 05:07 PM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Col congrats....I need your email....I bring gifts..

#373139 - 10/17/13 05:15 PM Re: Good move or not ? [Re: Saswick]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Congratulations on your new KB. I look forward to hearing your music.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online