SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#367386 - 06/10/13 07:32 AM Wedding March Style
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Believe it or not, I've never been asked to perform the Wedding March until now. I just work work up a basic solo piano version but I thought a style with some orchestra voices might add some pazzaz. Any Yamaha style recommendations?

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#367387 - 06/10/13 07:46 AM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Believe it or not, I've never been asked to perform the Wedding March until now. I just work work up a basic solo piano version but I thought a style with some orchestra voices might add some pazzaz. Any Yamaha style recommendations?

Thanks!

no styles I just play it with FULL PIPES ! keys

#367388 - 06/10/13 08:06 AM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#367391 - 06/10/13 08:45 AM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
Tostie Offline

#367396 - 06/10/13 10:16 AM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ouch! Not sure I'd want something that overblown to see my bride come down the aisle to!

Maybe something with a smaller string ensemble, without the piatti cymbals and the heavy horns might work, but I'm with Donny and Gary here... In fact, I might not go for the full tutti diapason organ stops, maybe something a little less over the top there, too.

I have always felt that keeping wedding music appropriate to the scale of the venue helps bind it all together. A massive orchestral score, in a small chapel just isn't realistic. Maybe in the largest cathedral, but in a normal wedding chapel?!

Back before I was much into arrangers, in the early 90's, I sequenced the wedding music for when my own lovely bride came down the aisle. I used my Ensoniq SQ2... I went and programmed a bunch of small classical pieces, in a small ensemble fashion. It worked nicely, didn't draw too much attention to itself (which is part of the function of wedding music) and for the processional at the end, I still stayed fairly small. Several people complimented me on not going over the top (lots of musicians in the congregation!), and have always remembered that for any wedding ceremonies I played.

Remember, it's ALL about the bride, not you..!

#367399 - 06/10/13 11:19 AM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
This is a perfect opportunity to use one of Yamaha's excellent "free play" styles. One of the Ethereal styles or Brass Band Hymn might work, if you drop some of the voices out.

I often encounter this problem with traditional liturgical music. I can't tell you how many hymns change from 2/4 to 3/4 partway through. Rhythm / drum / percussion just doesn't sound right- what's needed is a strong bass, and the phrasing is punctuated by periods of silence. Sync stop helps but it's hard to do convincingly.

I really wish other manufacturers offered rubato styles similar to the Yamaha ones I mentioned! -Ted

#367400 - 06/10/13 12:47 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you gentlemen for your comments. Now here's a very dumb question: The Bridal March (Here Comes The Bride) is played as the bride enters and the Wedding March is played after the couple gets married and are exiting. right?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#367403 - 06/10/13 01:32 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yep, sometimes it's also called the Recessional, while the wedding song Here "Comes The Bride," written and composed by Wagner, is sometimes referred to as the Processional.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#367404 - 06/10/13 01:49 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The "Bridal Chorus" "Treulich geführt", from the 1850 opera Lohengrin, by German composer Richard Wagner is what we call Here Comes the Bride, then "The Wedding March" from A Midsummer Night’s Dream (F. Mendelssohn) is the traditional exit music.

#367411 - 06/10/13 05:25 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Oh NO!!! followed by the Too late!! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online