SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#356185 - 12/09/12 11:06 AM Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style?
Dnj Offline

This is the hottest most requested song out on the charts sweeping the world today! dance2 .....
anyone doing it yet using styles?...If so which ones?

#356187 - 12/09/12 11:15 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... are you going to SING this song also ??? rocker
Might I suggest an mp3 of the original or purchase a 'pro' SMF?

#356188 - 12/09/12 11:22 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I get so many requests at weddings, parties, etc, for this song its so hot,,,,the girls love to dance to it also....its incredible.....I always play the MP3....but just wondered if anyone would try it using a style.....just another instance where an arranger probably would NOT be a good fit and "mixing up your performances" with different means of playing, singing and Dj'ing, etc, to suit the audience makes a whole lot of sense in today's musical gigging world.
Maybe a good driving "HOUSE STYLE" could be suitable also, but I have not heard it done yet.... dance2

1 BILLION Views...aprox 9 Million Dollars

Edited by Dnj (12/09/12 11:30 AM)

#356205 - 12/09/12 12:23 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I will never sing it live - there is no need to. The mp3 will have to do. I don't do the Electric slide either ... the dancers don't want to hear an original creation of the tune - they just want to dance and sing to the silly, moronic hook.

#356207 - 12/09/12 12:44 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Even with a perfect style, SMF, or audio backing track, this is the type of tune that only the original artist can pull off at this point in time.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#356219 - 12/09/12 03:09 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
You are kidding right Donny? I think Don Mason has this one worked out.

Edited by Tom Cavanaugh (12/09/12 03:10 PM)

Tom

#356290 - 12/10/12 08:48 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj

This is the hottest most requested song out on the charts sweeping the world today! dance2 .....
anyone doing it yet using styles?...If so which ones?

Yamaha Format Style:
Gangnam Style cool

Check out these parody versions: grin

#356339 - 12/10/12 05:37 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It will be a cold day in Hell before I allow any music from that America-hating SOB on my bandstand, although our president doesn't have a problem letting him sing for him.
DonM

#356341 - 12/10/12 06:15 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Don,

For whatever it's worth,

PSY has apologized for his remarks of 2004. In his apology he said his performance had been emotionally charged and was a response to events in the war in Iraq.
"I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said in a statement.
He said the song "was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall anti-war sentiment shared by others around the world at that time." The girls were struck and killed by a U.S. military vehicle.
PSY continued: "While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words. While it's important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so."

#356346 - 12/10/12 06:52 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
All well and good, but I would have preferred if he had apologized BEFORE a 'stink' was made about it and he possibly stood to lose some US $$$

The thing is, in today's global/social network society, anything one does at anytime is subject to worldwide scrutiny, so people who enter the public spotlight, especially, have to be prepared for whatever may come their way ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online