SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#349507 - 08/21/12 07:53 PM your very own "scratchpad"....
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
...for those who insist on hijacking the posts of others. Please use this scratchpad to talk about any of the following:

Suggestions for topics:

your mother-in-law
your motorcycle
your travel adventures
your boat
your upcoming retirement
your vacation that you are going to take
your vacation that you just took
your keyboard and how much better it is than someone else's
Donny-type comments (good remarks, but nothing to do with the topic)
let's tear Mark up for having the nerve to post this!!!
and.....
any other thoughts that otherwise might lead to hijacking someone else's thread .

I don't post to socialize, I'm sure you've noticed. I post to hear what other musical peoples have to say about issues I think about.

I have a dream myself. To post a topic and have it stay on course for 38 replies like Diki's topic: Divisi parts.

Mark

#349520 - 08/22/12 02:30 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Mark

That is a most gentile and humorous rebuke

#349522 - 08/22/12 05:16 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Now that's a sense of humor... and a great way to make your point about thread-jackin'... LOL.

Thanks, Mark... for reminding us how self-centered we sometimes seem. Our "rudeness" was not aimed at you... simply that so many folks here have practically taken up residency and they are just like family.

Be patient with us, my new friend. I'll bet we pay better attention in the future... chuckle, snort.

Welcome to the Zone... you're gonna love it here.

Dave Rice

#349524 - 08/22/12 06:46 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Riceroni9]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
It seems "The Bar" is underutilized in this respect, with all due respect to all.

#349561 - 08/23/12 09:19 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
So I won't unintentionally offed Mark, I'm done posting until September.

How's THAT?

Russ

#349563 - 08/23/12 09:34 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Common boys play nice......its been peaceful here lately...

#349710 - 08/26/12 09:55 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have said many times that this board is a microcosm of life ... how many times have you been in a conversation and without being intentionally 'rude' you veer off topic about 5 degrees, and the next person veers off another 5 - 10 degrees and so on until the topic is 180 degrees off ... sometimes the topic will actually go the full 360 ...
it's not about being rude, it's about people being people ... while it's nice when a thread stays on topic, must we be personally offended when it doesn't?
chill, cats ... cool rocker

#349720 - 08/26/12 02:44 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, my man. Always the voice of reason, moderation, and COMMON SENSE (I think we could find a spot for you in the Obama administration.......just kidding, I know there are no Democrats in Rhode Island smile smile ). As someone who has helped hundreds of people, on this board and others, over a number of years, if Gary wants to share his joy about his upcoming adventure, I say LET HIM, and as far as I'm concerned, he can pick any post he wants to do it in. I think by now he's earned it. Of course you might not know that unless you've been around awhile. JMO, of course.

chas

#349721 - 08/26/12 04:53 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I didn't think I was veering off course with my initial post, talking mainly about the marina bands - none of which used I-Pods and the like. Also, kinda' stayed on course with the trip, talking about hauling my gear aboard my boat and performing in the Tiki Bars - again, with no I-Pod or anything resembling one. Well, maybe a strayed a bit, but not a lot. The boat, well, as the late Paul Harvey always said "And now, here's the rest of the story." Paul Harvey was one of my many heroes.

Thanks for the complements, Chas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#349731 - 08/27/12 12:22 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: tony mads usa]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I gotta agree with Tony. Sure if a thread does veer off topic it is relatively simple for someone to get it back on track again. Even though it may be a little frustrating for the topic starter please try not to take offence because that is not the intention. We are all just friends conversing and occasionally discussion can veer off topic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online