SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#348735 - 08/08/12 09:41 PM Why I’m glad I bought my Korg PA3x from AudioWorks
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Before I bought anything, Frank spent a lot of hours with me at his location in West Milford going first over the Audya and then the PA3x. He understood I wasn’t ready to buy, and that I wanted to just familiarize myself with them. No problem. He courteously welcomed me to come up anytime I wanted to make the drive. Even picked me up at the train station when I took the train up.

One day I decided to go for it....a PA3x. I couldn’t make it sound good, but Frank certainly did. And, of course, I had read the good comments here about the PA3x by Stephen, Don Mason, Uncle Dave, and Rikki. So, with that in mind I went for it.

I called Frank and, on a “handshake,” he said he would hold one for me for a week until I got up there. Not like your typical GC where you have to leave a deposit just to order a guitar pick.

So....here’s the gist of it all. I had questions about the board that I couldn’t understand in the manual. I called Korg and they gave me “misinformation” about the adjustment of the LED screen (Korg: if you think it’s not working right, then you have to send it to a Korg repair center!…end of story) Also, it appears that when you ask them a question, they go to the same PDF users manual that comes included with the unit. He also said to me, “we don’t get into the performance or editing side of it.” He also advised me the few times I called, that “they can’t spend time on the phone with any one caller, that there other many others waiting to get through!” Heck, if there are that many “others waiting,” how is it when I call, my call goes right through with no wait time? And, further, if they’re that busy, why don’t they pay some extra bucks and open 8 hours daily instead of 4 and hire a skilled tech like Ketron’s AJ who takes the time to answer your questions?

So I called Frank this morning about the questions I had. I know he’s busy, but he took an hour out of his schedule to answer them all. And there wasn’t one he didn’t have an answer to, including the motorized display adjustment. You would never get that kind of service at a SA or GC, and you would pay a lot more for your keyboard than Frank probably charges.

small print: no.....this not an infomercial for AudioWorks.

BIG print: Just wanted to say, if I didn’t get that after-sale support from Frank, I’d still be sitting here thumbing through the manual and cursing Korg out under my breath for their crappy Tech Support Dept!

As for the Korg PA3x....a brilliant keyboard, but "limp" tech support as far as I'm concerned.

Mark

#348748 - 08/09/12 05:51 AM Re: Why I’m glad I bought my Korg PA3x from AudioWorks [Re: Mark79100]
Stephenm52 Offline

Mark,

Congratulations on your Pa3x. I'm sure you'll be a very happy Korg owner.

And with regards to Frank I can only echo your comments. Like you I have the luxury of living within a reasonable driving distance of his store it's well worth the trip.

#348905 - 08/10/12 09:25 PM Re: Why I’m glad I bought my Korg PA3x from AudioWorks [Re: Stephenm52]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Mark,

Congratulations on your Pa3x. I'm sure you'll be a very happy Korg owner.

Thanks, Steve......I'm actually becoming a "very happy Korg owner" more every day. But this thing is really deep!

After I get this somewhat under my belt, maybe we can all get together somewhere and trades notes and ideas........you, Uncle Dave, and whoever else lives in the area. I think I noticed a few in the Korg Forums.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online