SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340249 - 02/19/12 08:39 AM Korg PA800 Resources Review
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Today one of Italy's better known keyboard reviewers offers his opinion on my 2012 Resources for the Korg PA800 and PA2X arrangers, while also alluding to the PA500 and Micro software. I cannot help but being extremely proud of his conclusions, hope you will not think me arrogant.
Here is the link to his article, but seeing that it is in Italian and pretty lengthy into the bargain I include a resume in English below.

http://tastiere.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/2012-js-musical-resources-per-arranger-korg/

Regards,
John Smies

"....Introducing this kind of software that I am currently reviewing relates to the world of Korg arrangers.Who knows why it is hard to imagine this in relation to Ketron, Yamaha or Roland, though technically speaking it should be possible with those as well. It deals with a certain mentality and certain concrete aspects that can be obtained with these great musical instruments.

Because John has done nothing more than using his own experience and the programming possibilities of the Korg Arranger to realize something very personal and with great dimensions. He has achieved a demanding job of personalizing the Korg PA500 for starters and changing the factory presets, using an array of parameters to be changed and resulting in a greatly varied repertoire of new performances, styles and pads. Later on he has transferred and adapted his programming to fit the Korg PA800 and PA2X.

Quite recently the introduction of the Korg Micro Arranger has edged John to tackle his programming on the (identical) Korg PA50sd again, see his offer on his webpages. In short, on offer is a package of software both innovative and universal for most of the KORG PA series.
An effort that spans more than five years and should be beneficial to each of us who plays one of these arranger keyboards.

Let’s concentrate here on his efforts regards the PA800, details of which you can find on his website : http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/
How best to describe his work, if you are not familiar with it already ? Let’s say that John has created a software version that is a complete alternative to the factory settings. In other words, installing the 2012JS Resources you will have at your disposal 320 new performances (sounds, styles, pads) replacing all of the factory settings. Doubling so to speak the arsenal of musical solutions at your disposal. The realism of these solutions is the strongest point of these 2012 Resources. Often the results are superb, sometimes John’s personal taste may be a little different from your artistic sense. However there are a great many that meet one’s requirements, not matter which.

Personally I am convinced that all of you will be able to find interesting material to fit your tastes. The software can be obtained via pasounds@zeelandnet.nl.

RENATUS (Italy)

#340250 - 02/19/12 08:56 AM Re: Korg PA800 Resources Review [Re: john smies]
skude Offline

Hi John
Congrats. to you. You have a very good reason to be extremely proud, I would have been too. Great!! Sorry I don't have the PA800 anymore. Any plans for the PA3X?
skude

#340268 - 02/19/12 11:10 AM Re: Korg PA800 Resources Review [Re: skude]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Thanks Skude.

I am afraid the PA3X is not on my list for the time being. I am currently trying hard to help out those folks who have obtained the Korg Micro, and their number seems to be increasing rapidly in particular in the USA.

Don't get me wrong though the PA3X is a great keyboard but in view of my personal needs I made a different choice and have been very pleased with it so far. Like most other keyboards and certainly most Korg keyboards the PA3X needs a fair amount of programming and tweaking and I can well understand your question as such. All the more so as there seem to be a glut of style software but ever so little as regards good sound and performance programming......

regards,
John Smies

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online