SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#319722 - 03/20/11 05:51 PM Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Tell us a bit a about you rig,sound system, keyboard case, dolly (cart) and other stuff you bring to you OMB gigs (mic stands,cables, books...) How do get all your stuff in and out in one trip?

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#319730 - 03/20/11 09:02 PM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Rock & Roller Cart R10

The only way to roll in one shot.
Never leave home with out it ... wink

#319734 - 03/20/11 09:46 PM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: Dnj]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Yup, the exact cart that I use also...

New kb case lies flat across the bottom. The two Bose L1 speakers extensions are set on top of it, then the Bose Sub is placed at one end, while the L1 base is set at the other. Two mic stands then slid into the open space between the two extensions. My KB stand fits in between the sub and the base. Bench is set upon its side at one end, wire bag sat next to it. Music Pad Pro briefcase is set next to it. Everything is very stable, no bungy chords used, rolls along just fine.

At the performance site, I lift off the Music Pad Pro, bench and wire bag, set them to the side. I then set up my kb stand, then position both mic stands. I next position the L1 base behind me and insert both speaker extensions. Then the Bose sub is set next to the L1 base. I open the kb case (leaving it on the cart) and lift out my kb and place it on the stand. Run my PA cables, several of which are bundled together to save time, and finally set up the Music Pad Pro. Its about ten minutes or so to set up/tear down.

#319739 - 03/21/11 04:30 AM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I use the R/R R10, but with a second tier shelf, so that no significant weight is on my KB case. It is kind of a toss up between the shelf and a heavy flight case. The difference is that I always have to lug my keyboard, but don't always have to use my shelf. My setup is similar to Bill's.
Bernie

#319745 - 03/21/11 06:08 AM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Too bad my Yamana Tyros hard shell keyboard case is too long to fit on the Rock & Roller cart. My huge case is about 55 inches in length. The Rock & Roller cart is 52 inches in length. I guess could get a smaller (length) soft case and use the shelf like Bernie9 does.

#319750 - 03/21/11 06:51 AM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
Too bad my Yamana Tyros hard shell keyboard case is too long to fit on the Rock & Roller cart. My huge case is about 55 inches in length. The Rock & Roller cart is 52 inches in length. I guess could get a smaller (length) soft case and use the shelf like Bernie9 does.

Its possible to stand the kb case upright and use bungee chords to secure it to one of the handles of the R&R. I did that with my old case and it worked fine. That opens up the rest of the RR frame for other stuff.

Get creative...just do it smartly/carefully...

Good luck!

#319757 - 03/21/11 07:38 AM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: Bill in Dayton]
montunoman Offline

Good idea,Bill!

#319758 - 03/21/11 07:49 AM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

????....just leave the rear rail down thats why its called a multicart...8 positions

#319767 - 03/21/11 09:04 AM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
When I have a longer haul from the car to the job, I use the Rock and Roller also. I use a custom made top rack, designed by Gary Diamond.
At my regular job it's only a few steps, so I just make a few trips. Actually the bus boys usually do it for me.
The heaviest piece I carry is 25 pounds, so no big deal.
I was running a little late Friday, and set up in SEVEN minutes, from car to playing!
DonM

#319784 - 03/21/11 12:41 PM Re: Tell me how you manage to load in/out in one trip [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don is one of my best students! wink

Here's my rig:

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (03/21/11 12:42 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online