SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#319823 - 03/21/11 05:17 PM The Pegasus Wing Has Landed
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
www.wersidirect.com

Now all we need are some demos, and hands on experience from SZ members that are attending the Pakefield Festival or Musikmesse in April.

Will it outshine the new Korg PA3x, is it a Tyros 4 killer, who knows?

Bill

#319829 - 03/21/11 08:23 PM Re: The Pegasus Wing Has Landed [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

It doesn't say in a shop near you, this looks like mail order only and are they made to order or is there some in stock. This is a funny way of doing business, Will it outshine the new Korg PA3x, is it a Tyros 4 killer, who knows? What do you think Bill, will it sell in the numbers, I think not, I think the way it's being handled so far look a bit amateurish, let’s hope I am wrong I do like the Wersi sound. The T4 will take some beating now they have raise the bar, look Bill I think you are the only Szer who has a Wersi, no one has any money at the moment, what a time to launch another KB onto an already saturated market, never mind Wersi know best. I am like you I hope it does blow the opposition away but I doubt it, Wersi don’t have a track record for making things by the 1000.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319841 - 03/22/11 02:05 AM Re: The Pegasus Wing Has Landed [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony

You are correct, Wersi never did go in for mass marketing, however as they no longer exist it is a moot point.

Music Store on the other hand are well aware of how to sell thousands, (Remember they also sell all the other manufactures models) as they have the marketing skill and contacts. (As well as being one of the biggest music stores in Europe)

There are very few shops that sell arrangers (Particularly the more expensive like T4, PA3x, and Wing etc.) but I would imagine they will be looking to sell them in other stores as the Wing becomes more established.

The Wing is made like any other arranger (On a production line) in the Far East, so will probably be an off the shelf item. (As with all keyboards it will be up to the dealer to order the correct amount in good time)

I have absolutely no experience of the Wing (I have never seen one) the only thing I know is that it doesn’t run OAS 7, does not have the Creamware (Sonic Core) DSP card and runs on Windows 7 instead of XP, so I am as much in the dark as everyone else.

You could say the same about the PA3x, as this is also being launched into a depressed market.

We will just have to wait and see how it goes and what it offers

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online