SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#318645 - 03/08/11 04:04 AM Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I was surprized that I have not seen this mentioned here on SZ yet. Open Text was developed by Michael Bedesem and allows Yamaha owners to associate the pdf song file with a Registration Memory button! How cool is that?

Michael is one outstanding member of the Yamaha community to say the least.

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/opentext.html

#318648 - 03/08/11 05:09 AM Re: Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file [Re: Scott Langholff]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
That is awesome Scott. I guess I need to hang out on PSRTutorial more often. This is really handy if you are using a Laptop to display sheet music.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#318652 - 03/08/11 05:50 AM Re: Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file [Re: Scott Langholff]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Scott! NEAT! Thanks!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#318653 - 03/08/11 05:56 AM Re: Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott, nice find, in all my visits to Joe's site that's one I missed. blush Thanks for posting that.

#318655 - 03/08/11 06:37 AM Re: Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file [Re: Scott Langholff]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Seems cool... what's the setup procedure? Has anyone tried it?

I suppose I'll just give it a go.

I agree Michael is a unique and valuable individual who puts forth a ton of his time in order that we may gain free programs to help with the overall enjoyment of Yamaha keyboards.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#318658 - 03/08/11 07:29 AM Re: Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file [Re: Scott Langholff]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Larry et al - agreed! Michael has done some terrific programming for us Yammie owners. He is indeed a very valuable resource to our community! Neat feature for sure! I think I have PDF versions of a ton of fake books! KEWL! Let us know how it works for you!

Randy wink

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#318659 - 03/08/11 08:39 AM Re: Use Registration Memory to display pdf song file [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
ScottL. Thanks for the link to Michael Bedesem's "OpenText". Great find indeed. smile
Michael Bedesem's a wonderful PC programming expert who has always been there for our Yamaha arranger keyboard community, continually developing time saving Yam arranger software utilities, and I'm ever grateful to him. Just last week I discovered a bug in his MusicFinder View program, emailed him about it, and before I could blink an eye, he was onto it and had an update fix back to me within 24 hrs. Amazing! smile

Is there any possibility now to possibly call up PDF Leadsheets on Apple iPad from the Yamaha Keyboard Registration Buttons (1-8) similar to the way 'OpenText' does?
As Miden disccussed in this thread as the Apple iPad now supports midi, I'm wondering now if an app similar to Michael Bedesem's "OpenText" could be developed to get Yamaha Regist buttons (1-8) to trigger & call up PDF lead sheet files on the Apple iPad, similar to the way you can with the Korg PA3X's Songbook to call up (via Midi & the Apple app UnRealBook) PDF lead sheets on the iPad.
What do you guys think? - ScottY cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online