SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#288955 - 06/10/10 02:30 PM What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

That's easy for me...I won't play without my 8" ...3 speed fan in my face PERIOD!

1- Keeps perfume, cologne, urine/feces and smoke out of my face.

2- Keeps me cool under stage lights, hot nursing homes, clubs, catering halls & outside summer gigs etc..

3- NO FAN......NO PLAY nuff said.

#288956 - 06/10/10 02:50 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Keeps perfume, cologne, urine/feces and smoke out of my face.

You know, Donny, your groupies don't sound as much fun as Fran's...

But yes, +1 for the fan.... no urine/feces for me, but 95F plus humidity means a breeze is a MUST.

#288957 - 06/10/10 03:32 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
[B]
B]

I thought indoor smoking had been banned.

Diki, heat and humidity is something I have to deal with almost every day. Still, I prefer to say it's not the heat but the humidity that's the main culprit. Makes it feel twice as hot. But, in your case, you'll feel less "heat" if you stop looking at all those bikini-clad college grads. Why not let Chas do all the sweating. He comes prepared, after all.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#288958 - 06/10/10 04:11 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
My Very Large tip jar
Bebop

#288959 - 06/10/10 04:40 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If I can't use my own, then a first-rate sound system, and someone who knows how to set it up and do a proper sound check (and monitor it, if necessary).

chas

#288960 - 06/10/10 05:33 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
That's easy for me...I won't play without my 8" ...3 speed fan in my face PERIOD!

But if it is blowing IN YOUR FACE, isn't it blowing those odors in your face?!?!? just askin' ....
t.

#288961 - 06/10/10 06:51 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
But if it is blowing IN YOUR FACE, isn't it blowing those odors in your face?!?!? just askin' ....
t.

You see here is where the artistry of using a fan on stage comes into play my friend.....proper identification & direction of the offending odor is need with the proper amount if fan tilt is very proficient...I acually use two fans at once one for the odors & one for myself at different angles.

PS, smoking is still allowed in PRIVATE clubs and house parties...

#288962 - 06/10/10 07:28 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
A sustain pedal is a must for me...

#288963 - 06/11/10 05:17 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
A good light makes a great difference.

I have two friends who both play in bands that don't use lights, and in my opinion it just looks wrong. I just can't convince them of how much more professional they would look with a simple light. They just don't see how it will add to their music which is a fair point, but playing in the dark or under normal lightening just look unprofessional.

They don't like the heat they generate either , but you can get full colour LED lights now that solve all that.

Cheers
James

#288964 - 06/11/10 07:49 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A small goose neck light. If I'm in a dark corner, some of the control buttons on my MS-60's are hard to see. And, the 13 note controller isn't as easy to operate without seeing the pedals as conventional bass pedals.

Often, there is enough light, but, if not, I've got my trusty little floor goose neck in the car.

R.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online