SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#279081 - 01/11/10 04:08 PM Girl from Lionstracs MS
Magica Alfa Offline

"The Girl from Ipanema" ("Garota de Ipanema") is a well-known bossa nova song, a worldwide hit in the mid-1960s that won a Grammy for Record of the Year in 1965. It was written in 1962, with music by Antonio Carlos Jobim and Portuguese lyrics by Vinicius de Moraes with English lyrics [1] written later by Norman Gimbel. It was also famously sung and played by Jobim in 1965 on The Andy Williams Show.

And how was that made on LIONSTRACS MS:

DOWNLOAD GIRL FROM IPANEMA HERE

If somebody will have troubles with download is here

SECOND LINK: GIRL FROM IPANEMA

I know that some guys will never like it but I hope i can show you what is possible with standard things to do on MS.

I used standard GIGA LIBRARY from MEDAISTATION LIONSTRACS and LIVESTYLER with standard style BOSSA NOVA 57.

I did not improve nothing on style. I want only to show you that also with normal style is possible to play on Lionstracs.

As Mr. Abcus says ENJOY what ever you PLAY

#279082 - 01/11/10 04:14 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Here, both were very distorted and no clear good audio at all...maybe it's my setup?
Lee S.

#279083 - 01/11/10 04:21 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Must be your setup. Pretty plain vanilla but not distorted.

chas

#279084 - 01/17/10 01:25 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Magica Alfa Offline

Here is song made by MEDIASTATIONN and aplication LIVESTYLER. I used style

16 beat style 2

here is link

Enjoy.

#279085 - 01/17/10 01:35 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
hi magic alpha. that was a perfectly acceptable style. I seem to remember it from my yamaha PSR8000. That was a sweet board too.

Thank you for posting. we do seem to talk a lot about music on this forum but not play a whole lot. Cheers for this.

Do you have any examples where a style has been converted or created from scratch that uses VST sounds for each and every instrument. I am just dieing to hear someone actually use the MS this and i probably wont ever get access to one and as you are the only guy who has contributed on here regularly with music and not just words, then i guess there is no harm in me asking you. If you dont want to or you feel that people may be too hostile to it on this board then i understand. But it would be really good to just once hear the MS used in a way that no other arranger can be used.

Thanks once again MagicAlpha :-)

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 01-17-2010).]

#279086 - 01/17/10 02:51 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
The full version of Livestyler has a Style convertor built in, and if this is included with the MS version, then perhaps you could email or post a Korg style, and when Magica Alfa has the time he could set it up to use the MS and/or VSTi sounds, so as to show what it would sound like.
Just a thought

Bill

#279087 - 01/17/10 07:26 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Try to listen some of this songs, without the Solist track and then you can start how to change the system of one man player, WITHOUT use any style or arranger. http://www.mp3panda.com/search/?text=Jamey+Aebersold

There give TON of different songs styles ( always without solist track ) that are playing like a TRUE Audio-Arranger..lol

This site link had help me to sell some more X-88 Pro, WITHOUT arranger module.
The pianist was so HAPPY to play 2 whole hands piano over this amazing song tracks.

Is time to start change the mentality...
Enjoy what you play.

#279088 - 01/17/10 07:56 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
AFG Music Offline

is a good demo,
but if we get livestyler 11 for MS it wil give better sound. becouse livestyler 11 support FluidSynth and soundfont 2 format, http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac so if we have livestyler 11 we can convert all giga GM2 sounds to Soundfont 2 and hear better sounds. but do not forget that qranger wil be every day better and better. if we get livestyler plus that wil be great to, becouse then we have not only yamha style format but other brands formats to. but it is not qranger, becouse qranger is not only a arranger but it is a great song editor to.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 01-17-2010).]

#279089 - 01/17/10 11:25 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Spalding
The full version of Livestyler has a Style convertor built in

Built in style converter is only with the v11 Gold which is only available on the USB stick. Which also acts as a dongle by the way, so its now much easier to run it from any PC.

#279090 - 01/17/10 12:27 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
the convertor you guys are reffering to, isn't it only the EMC style conversion program except somehow adapted for Livestyler use??
If so, what would make it any better than buying EMC style conversion software for a PSR. Livestyler basically plays psr styles.
Does this software convert differently ie to GM drums instead of XG or something.??

The resulting style will still only be as good as the final tweak.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online