SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#260786 - 03/31/09 03:58 PM Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
I canīt stop enjoying so many things I can do with my keyboards. Now I added a Korg NanoKontrol to my set up. At first I could not make it work and I thought I would return it to the store but later I realized how I had to set it up and now I can have at the tip of my fingers so many user programmable parameters with 18 buttons, 9 knobs and 9 sliders. So it is possible to control distant arrangers or synths with a tiny controller via the computer. There’s been so little and confusing information out there in the web and even in Korg forums that I just wanted to let you know: Yes it works with your Yamaha and Korg arranger.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#260787 - 03/31/09 04:25 PM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But only with a computer in between, right?

#260788 - 03/31/09 04:40 PM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But only with a computer in between, right?

Correct. As an organ player I was reluctant to use a computer but sooner or later many of you too (like me) will end up with a computer based set up. For those who use more than one gear simultaneously, with a computer the possibilities seem to be endless.

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 03-31-2009).]

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#260789 - 03/31/09 07:57 PM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
I canīt stop enjoying so many things I can do with my keyboards. Now I added a Korg NanoKontrol to my set up. At first I could not make it work and I thought I would return it to the store but later I realized how I had to set it up and now I can have at the tip of my fingers so many user programmable parameters with 18 buttons, 9 knobs and 9 sliders. So it is possible to control distant arrangers or synths with a tiny controller via the computer. There’s been so little and confusing information out there in the web and even in Korg forums that I just wanted to let you know: Yes it works with your Yamaha and Korg arranger.

I used a Nano Control for my DAW before I got the XS8. It worked great. Now the Motif has taken on those chores so I brought the Nano back to the store.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#260790 - 04/01/09 12:19 AM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Vagro and Kingfrog,

Please see here

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019348.html

Can you tell me if the NanoKontrol can control things like Fruity Loops?

Are the knobs-sliders buttons independent or are some sharing the same function as in Korg MicroKontrol?

If yes, it would be a very good addition to my Hypersonic 2 Setup, and also would do the job for my friend.

#260791 - 04/01/09 06:14 AM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
trident Offline

My freind informed me that he uses/is going to use Rebirth. My bad.

Any info on assignable controls on Rebirth?

#260792 - 04/01/09 09:27 AM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Vagro and Kingfrog,

Please see here

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019348.html

Can you tell me if the NanoKontrol can control things like Fruity Loops?

Are the knobs-sliders buttons independent or are some sharing the same function as in Korg MicroKontrol?

If yes, it would be a very good addition to my Hypersonic 2 Setup, and also would do the job for my friend.

The knobs and sliders are independent and can be programmed in any way you like. If the SW has MIDI control surface input capabilities, the Nano Kontrol will work. Its just a keyboard controller without the keys...designed for us as a DAW CONTROL SURFACE..(korg does make a nano Keyboard as well)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#260793 - 04/01/09 10:28 AM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
trident Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
The knobs and sliders are independent and can be programmed in any way you like. If the SW has MIDI control surface input capabilities, the Nano Kontrol will work. Its just a keyboard controller without the keys...designed for us as a DAW CONTROL SURFACE..(korg does make a nano Keyboard as well)

Thanks, i think ReBirth can accept controller messages form an external controller. I just saw that some other Korg controller had THE SAME parameter shared by the slider and the knob above it, effectively halving the number of possibilities.

#260794 - 04/01/09 10:38 AM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I looked at these, especially the 12-button pad controller. I *WISH* these generated straight MIDI (without the need to go thru a computer USB port). I like the idea of being able to configure them with PC based software. But once they have been programmed, they should have a standard MIDI out. Does anyone make a pad controller like this?

As it stands, what Korg have produced is very similar but more limited than another device called the Monome: http://www.monome.org
Check it out! -Ted

[This message has been edited by TedS (edited 04-01-2009).]

#260795 - 04/01/09 03:26 PM Re: Confirmed: Korg NanoKontrol works fine
vagro Offline

Trident, actually this product has been made to play and control any music software in the PC, that's why it lacks a standard midi out. I recommend you or your friend download the free Korg Kontrol Editor software to quickly understand all you can do with it. That's what I did and happily it worked fine as I excpected.
Check it out here http://www.korg.co.uk/products/software_controllers/nano/sc_nano.asp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online