SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#246853 - 11/01/08 05:33 AM You Tube Videos
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I was thinking of recording some G70 videos for fun , but wonder how to do it at good quality - my camcorder records video OK but the microphone is useless

So was thinking of overdubbing using some seperate recording device (G70 does not have built in mp3 recorder)

With mp3 recorders at under £20 i though that would be a good option , but all of them that i found do not have line-in they all just have a useless microphone , does anyone know of a mp3 recorder with line-in available in UK pref for under £20

Thanks

Tony

#246854 - 11/01/08 05:48 AM Re: You Tube Videos
Tostie Offline

Never use the build-in camcorder microphone. I always overdub the camcorder audio with separate recorded audio in YouTube video's. Most computers have a microphone/line-in input which you can also use for audio recording. A better option would be an audio interface, but then you have to spend more than £20. I don't live in the UK, but in the Netherlands i can't find a £20 mp3 player with line-in, so i think you can't find one in the UK either.

Joost

[This message has been edited by Tostie (edited 11-01-2008).]

#246855 - 11/01/08 06:17 AM Re: You Tube Videos
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Hi Tostie

Thanks for your reply, there must be a gap in the market for an mp3 with line in!

I prefer this as my computer is in another room , it's just much easier to use a portable device)

Although have extra long USB lead connecting to my computer (15 feet), but not too keen on buying 15 m audio lead too , then running up and down the stairs (lol)

...But with laptops coming down in price it's definitely an option
Cheers

Tony

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 11-01-2008).]

#246856 - 11/01/08 06:28 AM Re: You Tube Videos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Have a look in the camcorder manual, as you may find it has an audio input that you can plug your G70 into.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online