SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237280 - 07/01/08 09:30 AM July 1: first checks "in the mail"!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just put two of the first $100.00 checks for our group charity initiative in the mail.

Donny chose the Alpha school, an organization involved with austitic children. Jerry and Sandra chose the Saco Food Pantry, an especially appropriate organization in light of current economic issues. You should get the checks by this week-end.

Guys, please deliver the checks and let your folks there know that I am doing this in honor of our association as musicians and friends.

Chas, the Habitat-New Orleans project is fine for me. If that is what you choose, just let me know and send me your address. I'll get that check out the day you email me as the third one of the first quarter. If you need a little more time, Rory has identified deserving organizations providing assistance for those with impared vision. I'll send him a $100.00 check for distribution late next week as the 3rd check for this quarter, and your choice/check will be in the October que.
If you have decided, I'll send a check for your chosen group now and Rory's choice will be in the October que.

Tony, Nigel and Don, as soon as you identify your organizations, just let me know. I'll need the name(s) of your choice(s)and your mailing addresses. Think I have them, but I'd have to hunt a little.

Folks, it feels good to get started and even better to be doing a little thing like this with "a little help from my friends" (the Beatles still ROCK!).

Thru my friends here I've identified the New Hope Academy (UD), several monks in Laos (Taike) and the organizations thru the friends mentioned above. Maby this makes a little difference around the world.

And that's GREAT!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 07-01-2008).]

#237281 - 07/01/08 12:47 PM Re: July 1: first checks "in the mail"!
Dnj Offline

God Bless you Russ....you have a good heart my friend...I will surly make sure Alpha School & its children knows where the contributions came from & be sure to have a nice letter of appreciation to go along with too.

Thank You Again!

#237282 - 07/01/08 07:41 PM Re: July 1: first checks "in the mail"!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... you restore my faith in mankind ...
You are a MARVEL !!!
E-mail coming soon ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online