SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#228812 - 03/09/08 04:28 AM Daylight savings time
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Well it's upon us again. Since I direct music in a church, I have to be up by 6:30. Having been a working musician most of my life, I'm not an early riser. Oh well, I do love the longer days, more time outside and on the bike. Here's to another year in the sun.

Ciao,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#228813 - 03/09/08 06:25 AM Re: Daylight savings time
JIMSAX Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD USA
Hi Joe, I'm with you on the long days and warm weather. I'm looking foreward to working the water front venues again this summer. I hope you can find time to stop by again and mabe sit in a few tunes. You do a great job. I'll do the horn thing and you can do the keys. Fun fun fun! I'll be back ay Anchor Bay this summer one day a week, but I din't which day. I'll keep you posted.

Jim

#228814 - 03/09/08 07:44 AM Re: Daylight savings time
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been waiting for spring to arrive since last October. The older I get, the colder I get!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#228815 - 03/09/08 08:14 AM Re: Daylight savings time
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I hear ya Gary. I bet you can't wait to get out and start work on the Sailboat getting it ready for Summer.

I myself? I am trying to maneuver myself down south somehow; permanently.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#228816 - 03/09/08 10:10 AM Re: Daylight savings time
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
DIDJA KNOW?
Shreveport, LA had snow yesterday.
I wonder what color golf balls Don M. has for playing golf in the snow
We only had 72 at my house yesterday so we are still using white balls here
You people going down there for the jam best take your snow skis and a snow sled to haul your gear on
Have fun you snow bunnies
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-09-2008).]

#228817 - 03/09/08 08:15 PM Re: Daylight savings time
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bebop, it did indeed snow in Shreveport Friday.
Problem is, the temperature never reached freezing, so the snow didn't last long.
Some of the schools let out at noon, not because the roads were slick, but so the kids could play in the snow. It is so rare here, that many of them had never seen snow.
The temperature was 79 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday and by Friday it snowed!
Thanks to the new time, I was able to play golf today after my Sunday Brunch job. Temp was back up to 70 again by today.
I have been living in this area since 1978 and only three times has there been a significant amount of snow. When my kids were 4 and 9, we drove several hours up into Arkansas because they had never seen snow. We stopped at a public park in El Dorado and we built a snowman, had a snowball fight, then drove back home!
At the Jam, we'll be watching the sun set over Cross Lake as we pig out on free food and jam to our hearts' content.
Check out the details on my website. There is a link toward the bottom of the home page. www.donmasonmusic.com
Thanks,
DonM

#228818 - 03/10/08 06:19 AM Re: Daylight savings time
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
A couple of days ago I walked out of the house. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the sky was bright blue, absolutely beautiful. Too bad it was 6 degrees out!

Tom

#228819 - 03/10/08 07:49 AM Re: Daylight savings time
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We had the same thing yesterday except it was 73 outside. I need to get the A/C checked. Looks like a long hot summer is setting into Calif.
Don, I sure wish I could make that gig but we are off to Canada in July in the motorhome and at the price of fuel it is going to be one major trip a year.
We might just be over next year though. Jann is retiring first of next year and we will go bop then
Best to all y'all,
Bill

#228820 - 03/10/08 08:14 AM Re: Daylight savings time
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We will play a couple of Bebop songs in your honor!
DonM

#228821 - 03/10/08 02:06 PM Re: Daylight savings time
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Gary's Rule #1 - Never expose your body to a temperature lower than your age! I gotta' get out of this place. Hmmmm! Another song in the making for DonM.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online