SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#226846 - 02/12/08 01:59 AM New to Korgpa800
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do I save styles into the users.also can I put these into a pen drive also songs.Will be very grateful for your replies as I am finding the manual somewhat confusing...Thank you
Tracey

#226847 - 02/12/08 06:05 AM Re: New to Korgpa800
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tracey:

Here's how to load styles into the user area. Not sure whether you're trying to load downloaded styles from a pen drive into the user area or not. So I'm going to assume that's what you're trying to do. Hopefully my instructions will be clear.

1. Press the Media Button
2. If you've downloaded the styles to the pen drive, look for USB-F in the lower left hand corner of the screen, not SSD-U ( Korg User ).
3. Then choose the folder on the USB pen drive( then open command from the screen) keep opening the sub folders until you get to the deepest level where your styles are you'll eventually see numbers similar to the following 01:01 blue ballad ( or whatever the style name is that you're trying to load.
4. Highlight it by tapping it, then choose the load command. At this point you'll want to navigate to a location to save it in. You'll want to load to a location that shows it's empty. If you do not then you'll overwrite the style that occupies that position. You'll see numbers with the following format u 01:01 ( u is user area) if you see f 01:01 ( f is for favorite area. Execute the load operation and your style will be saved that location. From there just navigate to the user style section and choose that style you just loaded. Note you can also load complete sets. I don't choose to load complete sets because I may not like or need all styles in a set. Good luck

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-12-2008).]

#226848 - 02/12/08 08:16 AM Re: New to Korgpa800
Anonymous
Unregistered

stephen52

Thanks so much. This will be very useful. ,but I wasnt very clear on this,Can I load styles that are built into the keyboard and save them to a pen drive. and also songs from the songbook.PS Can I also load into the user Yamaha styles for use.

By for now

Tracey

#226849 - 02/12/08 02:51 PM Re: New to Korgpa800
Dnj Online   content

Tracey why not get a set of the
Korg Arranger Secrets DVD's.....they could possibly help you get started with your pa800 for sure.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26292&sid=13cee8f2cba2ba88941b281af272aca9

#226850 - 02/12/08 06:37 PM Re: New to Korgpa800
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tracey,
this is what I do.
Choose the inbuilt style you want to save to your pen drive.

Press Record button
Choose Record Current Style.
(Don't touch any of the parametres.)
From the drop down menu ( top right hand of screen )
Press Write & save it to an empty user slot.

Now it's in a user area of your keyboard.

Saving it to a pen Drive

Press Multi Media Button.
Choose Save tab.
You Should Have SSD-S as your source.
Hilight All Folder
Press Open
Hilight Styles
Press Open
Just keep hilighting & opening the layers till you find the style your after.
Press Save
New Set will Pop Up , Change the name by pressing the T on the Pop up and save.
It will ask where to save to so scroll thru till ssd-F pops up & save.

The only reason for copying Korg styles to a usb pen would be for backup or for transferring to a pc.
You can't play styles directly from a pen drive like you can on a psr.

To play a psr style on a korg , it basically has to be converted with EMC software. There are other methods but far more time consuming.

best wishes
Rikki

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracey:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 02-12-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#226851 - 02/12/08 10:21 PM Re: New to Korgpa800
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Tracey:

One thing you need to know, the User styles in the Yamaha arrangers are "single" units, in the Korg Protocol, they are User01 that is a set of SEVERAL styles, in other words, they are organized in "groups" into a User Bank.
SO, be careful using the LOAD command, you may Load the entire "group" and perhaps, you just MAY want to load a single particular style, for that, use the OPEN command in the User#, then you can use the LOAD, but this time will load the style that you may have selected into the location that you want it.
Remember that you also have besides the User banks, the "Favorites" bank locations, and if you need more locations for user styles, this is a Korg and Ketron arrangers exclusive, you CAN replace the factory styles that you do not use....just in case, this was very useful in the previous models due to the limited user memory locations.
I hope this can help you too.

Manuel

------------------
mdorantes

#226852 - 02/13/08 01:32 AM Re: New to Korgpa800
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:

Hello Tracey:

One thing you need to know, the User styles in the Yamaha arrangers are "single" units, in the Korg Protocol, they are User01 that is a set of SEVERAL styles, in other words, they are organized in "groups" into a User Bank.
SO, be careful using the LOAD command, you may Load the entire "group" and perhaps, you just MAY want to load a single particular style, for that, use the OPEN command in the User#, then you can use the LOAD, but this time will load the style that you may have selected into the location that you want it.
Remember that you also have besides the User banks, the "Favorites" bank locations, and if you need more locations for user styles, this is a Korg and Ketron arrangers exclusive, you CAN replace the factory styles that you do not use....just in case, this was very useful in the previous models due to the limited user memory locations.
I hope this can help you too.

Manuel

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online