SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#225895 - 02/02/08 09:20 AM Could this be part of the new G-70?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
There are features here not found on other Roland products that many "non-recreational" arranger players might find interesting. Think of how you could interact with your audience. This could be a great one for Mikey Maestro.
http://www.roland-vima.com/]Roland VIMA

Combine this with the G70 and Altier concepts and add another 10 lbs. and maybe you could have a G-90!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 02-02-2008).]

#225896 - 02/02/08 09:29 AM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.

#225897 - 02/02/08 09:34 AM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
Dnj Offline

#225898 - 02/02/08 09:44 AM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
cassp Offline

Thanks, Jedi.

Donny, I knew you would search out that old post, but you were talking about the Altier and I thought I'd throw the VIMA out there again. A lot of readers would not have remembered or gone back to that thread. Thanks. OH< NO that's not the thread I was thinking of, this is the one I meant. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016448.html

I can imagine seeing you playing on a big screen with the words you're singing running along the bottom. And everyone is singing along and you have so much work that you start your own arranger agency on the east coast.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 02-02-2008).]

#225899 - 02/02/08 10:02 AM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
The OP is pretty close.

#225900 - 02/02/08 11:32 AM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Cass you have no idea how close you are..

#225901 - 02/02/08 01:57 PM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
No Problem , Cass

Maybe an E-90 ? at some point

#225902 - 02/02/08 05:34 PM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Is it just me...? Or does ANYONE 'get' this?

Video, karaoke, whatever happened to just playing? When did sitting down at a piano (or an arranger) and entertaining yourself or a few friends become not enough? When did it become a huge multimedia production. Complete with pre-canned backing AND visuals

So it will display pictures from your camera... What's next? A built-in printer? How about a fax machine? Wait, I need some espresso! Got an attachment for that?! ROFLMAO...

This looks like a product looking for a species that might use it. What happened at Roland? Did aliens take over? Most of their decisions lately lead me to believe this...

I honestly can't believe any of you aren't treating this with the contempt it deserves.

#225903 - 02/02/08 05:47 PM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
I guess Roland are allowed the occasional brain fart like anyone else.

It's this 'everything to the max' mindset. The sort of thing that all-night talk radio host Art Bell likes to call 'the quickening'.

#225904 - 02/02/08 07:06 PM Re: Could this be part of the new G-70?
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Is it just me...? Or does ANYONE 'get' this?

Video, karaoke, whatever happened to just playing? When did sitting down at a piano (or an arranger) and entertaining yourself or a few friends become not enough? When did it become a huge multimedia production. Complete with pre-canned backing AND visuals

So it will display pictures from your camera... What's next? A built-in printer? How about a fax machine? Wait, I need some espresso! Got an attachment for that?! ROFLMAO...

This looks like a product looking for a species that might use it. What happened at Roland? Did aliens take over? Most of their decisions lately lead me to believe this...

I honestly can't believe any of you aren't treating this with the contempt it deserves.

Diki, I think you're getting too much sun. Have you seen the state of the art DJs? They're not too far away from this kind of stuff now - video, live cams, big screen monitors, karaoke - the works.

You or we can be music purists and insist the music be played, but haven't we already started down that road with arrangers, SMFs, mp3's, lights, etc.? All it takes is for one musically inclined go-getter to start something like this and the DJs will be out of work; this guy will be taking all the business. This could be the entertaining musician's avenue back into the mainstream of weddings and parties that pay real money.

I'm not saying it's an idea for me, but the commercial applications are vast. Mark my words, somebody soon is going to be doing this... if he isn't already.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online