SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#224361 - 01/13/08 06:26 PM Band in the Box 2008
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I received the Band In A Box 2008 MegaPak as a Christmas present from my kids. I made a midi file to use on the G70. I hpoe to convert it to a style later. If I don't it is still a good backing track.

What else would an arranger player do with BIAB?

Tom

Tom

#224362 - 01/13/08 09:35 PM Re: Band in the Box 2008
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tom the best feature to me is the soloist. Put the chords in for a tune like "All The Things You are." Choose Soloist and use #219 soloist Dexter Gordon. After you learn some new licks, choose soloist again and it will do a different solo every time. Now and again you here some familiar licks. I’ve tried many of the soloist and the #219 is the best for my style of playing.

I use BIAB live to play the sax. It does a great turnaround using the pedal bass playing on the 2nd and 4th beats. I also choose the pedal bass on intros that BIAB will create. It sounds very good on the bouncy jazz stuff.

When a tune ends on the root you can have BIAB hold a raised 5th with a maj7 chord while you play a few licks in that measure and then have it hold the root chord in the next bar for the ending etc..

It very versatile and has lots of jazz rhythms. I’d rather play along with it then the sequences I have on the arranger on the gigs that are long enough to make it worth while to set up the computer.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online