SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145665 - 10/08/07 10:11 AM Anybody using this....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello everyone:

I wonder if anybody have use this:
http://www.betabrite.com/index.htm

I have been using it for several months and the audience really likes it, I am the only one among my friendly competitors that use this.
I change the text depending on the season, events and also to promote my CD, etc....

I got it at Sam's Club for $199.00, I think is worth every cent and more, I fitted my stands with the Velkro and just snaps in or out, for the M92 I did attached to a fitted piece of wood and painted black,so you see the sign and also helps to block the view of the cables.

Just wondering if anybody also use it.

#145666 - 10/08/07 10:16 AM Re: Anybody using this....
Dnj Offline

although nice ....its very tacky & distractive to the audiences view IMO they'll be reading the sign instead of watching you all the time......
btw what message do have running on it?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-09-2007).]

#145667 - 10/08/07 10:21 AM Re: Anybody using this....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Manuel,

Wow, looks to be a cool idea, and it definitely looks 'well worth' the price for added stage pizazz.

1) Does the device include 'music themed' background images?

2) Does it offer the ability to CHOOSE between 'fixed image' or 'scrolling' display?

Manuel, it would be great if you could post a pic of your stage setup utilzing your LED sign.

Thanks,

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-08-2007).]

#145668 - 10/08/07 10:51 AM Re: Anybody using this....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great idea! Gotta get me one of those.

Thanks,

Ian

#145669 - 10/09/07 12:14 AM Re: Anybody using this....
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I've been saving up for a version of one of those that has a keyboard at the back, so you can input messages "on the fly" (instead of via pc) for a looooooooooooong time now.

They've been around a good while.

For me, I would much rather use something that can be changed by me (without a PC) set to set during the night with jokes or personalised messages for the audience, not something pre-programmed.

Still, MUCH more portable than the one I want......

[This message has been edited by hellboy44 (edited 10-09-2007).]

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#145670 - 10/09/07 06:37 AM Re: Anybody using this....
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I have a friend, Mr Juju that is a comic kbdist.
He owns one digital messenger.
During the gig numerous msgs runnig to the audience.
At certain moments, this msg appears:
D . R . U . N . K . S O . U . T

Chico

#145671 - 10/09/07 07:09 PM Re: Anybody using this....
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
*sigh*

Ok - I'll say it.

What???????????????

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#145672 - 10/10/07 12:13 AM Re: Anybody using this....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

The sign includes a software that allows you to program up to 60some messages (512Megs) that you "dump" via USB cable from the PC to the Sign.
You can choose the Font, Font size, Color or colors, time duration from 1 to 3 seconds each(if you want to have a particular text for over 3 seconds, you just copy and paste for the next message as many times you want/needed.

Also has LOTS of Effects, Scroll up-down, left, rigth, snow, spray, and so many to mention.
And as far goes, Music themes, it does not have, Aldo you can use several, like an Effect of Fireworks, an Smile, the Xmas themes, a Santa with the slade.....and you can design also your own, is not that easy for that function because you must use the Remote to do that and for what I saw, it is NOT user friendly, and also is VERY limited the software, you can NOT save a "Bank of messages" let's say you have made a bank for Xmas, after the season is over, would be ideal to just load the Spring, or a Happy Bday Generic, etc....just like you do when you use Word or something like that, BUT with the Beta Brite software, you MUST RETYPE EVERY one of the 60some messages....so, it does have some not good points, I desided to used and so far, the Seniors that I play for, are known to be a little "dificult" but they loved the sign.
I have 2 PCs, so, in one I have the Xmas, and in the other the "generic" stock.
I think if you design something appealing and classy, is OK, you also can go the other way....and, I have in commun sence, estetics and a fair judgement that let me believe that I have made the right choices for what I hear not only by my audience, but also by my friendly competitors.

------------------
mdorantes

#145673 - 10/10/07 07:33 PM Re: Anybody using this....
Dnj Offline

Well if anyone wants to go Scrolling sign nuts heres some interesting items & ideas!!!!!..........
http://www.led-signs.com/displays/
http://buy.ecplaza.net/search/1s1nf20sell/scrolling_led.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-10-2007).]

#145674 - 10/11/07 05:33 PM Re: Anybody using this....
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
It's interesting but I'm not sure I'd like it for 90% of the gigs I use...and for the others, well...not sure it would be worth it...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online